Unstable (!)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by MBX, Mar 30, 2010.

1. MBX

MBX Member

Hi there

While I appreciate Parallels Desktop being superior in 3D vs Fusion at the moment I find it really annoying how unstable Parallels Desktop is.

I'm running it on a Macbook Pro, 2.93ghz C2D, 8GB Ram, 512mb Graphics and Windows7 as the virtual OS.

The configuration is assigned with 4GB of Ram for the virtual machine, full 256mb graphics and 3D acceleration.

I'm actually doing some 3D stuff but it's not really as complex as those game demo's we've seen in the Desktop vs Fusion video yet i have PD constantly crashing.

It's kind of ironic that Parallels Desktop is more powerful in 3D but constantly crashes. It currently reached a point where i get so annoyed that i might switch back to Fusion again.

Any ideas? I really hope the Parallels team is going to work on stability and memory managment for the next updates.

Thank you

2. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi, could you please send a problem report using menu Help->Report a Problem and post here its ID?

3. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Maven

How's Parallels crash on you? What are the symptoms? Does it just die? Have you tried reducing the memory assigned to the VM to e.g. 2 GB? Have you tried de-installing and then re-installing the Parallels tools (which is a remedy that often helps)?