Parallels Mobile doesn't find my VM's

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by NiltonHC, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Noodle

Noodle Bit poster

It's pretty much confirmed for me.
    I had a Virtual Machine from version 4 which was updated to 5 and now to version 6.
    I installed and uninstall Parallels Mobile from my iPad without success.
    I did the same with Parallels Desktop on my Mac, and the issue was still no VM machines found. I even created a new VM thinking that maybe as they were created on version 4, they couldn't be displayed on Mobile.

Now, I have logged out (on my Mac) from MobileMe, tried to connect from the iPad, and it went through straightaway, and I can now see all my VMs.

2. sandro

sandro Parallels Developers

it's optional to logout from MobileMe - please use possible workaround described at http://forum.parallels.com/showpost.php?p=422490&postcount=20

3. ponder-mac

ponder-mac Bit poster

Sandro -
    You guys nailed it. I made the change you suggested and it worked fine. Thanks for working to solve this (and the workaround).

4. triplespeed

triplespeed Bit poster

Problem report ID 6662671

5. sandro

Hmm.

I found nothing useful at report about your problem. Could you please describe it with more details.

6. JasonBee

JasonBee Junior Member

same issue here - can't connect to mobile serever from desktoo

I am interested in trying the mobile option.

Initially my setup could connect to the parallels service and i could see my desktop on the iphone parallels app. i could not however see any registered virtual machines. I logged into and out of parallels mobile from the desktop and from the iphone and had no success.

long story short I tried port mapping, but that failed and I am back to trying the default settings. My current problem is that i now get an error attempting to connect within the parallels desktop software.

From what I have read in the kb and in the forums, this feature uses a special port number to connect. can anyone here state for the record what those ports are, and whether thy are used by the iphone client and the desktop?

7. sandro

ports are: 443, 64000. Actually in common case you shouldn't worry about which ports uses for feature. All should work without additional system settings. Please send us problem report and post here it id in order to try to understand your case.

8. JasonBee

JasonBee Junior Member

I'm being lazy here (I'm a posted-problem parasite at times), but I will absolutely post once I have gathered some more info. You've helped me out a lot. I will test a bit more.

9. tacit_one

tacit_one Pro

10. OngL

OngL Bit poster

I don't get this... I do get the same error but the resolution doesn't work.

1) MobileMe is active as always
    2) My System name and my Friendly name is already different i.e. System name only my First name, while friendly name is first and last name.
    3) Error still persist.

What can I do?

11. sandro

please send us problem report and post here it id. It would be nice to do problem report at once after failed login from mobile app.

12. Jim Kent

Jim Kent Bit poster

Still not working for me.

I changed the friendly name... doesn't matter. I logged off Mobile me, same problem. The difference with my problem is compared to some that has reported this is that I can connect until I logoff my Parallels mobile server on my desktop and then log back on. Even then, I can only connect within my local LAN. The remote (WAN) connection does not work.

Could it be my desktop machine is loosing connection to the Parallels server and not realizing it. No idea.

Jim

13. NiltonHC

NiltonHC Bit poster

It worked for me!
    Now my VM's are listed and I can access them from my iPhone.
    Thank you very much!
    Nilton

14. sandro

Please send us problem report and post here it id.

15. iGadget

iGadget Bit poster

Worked for me

Logging out of MobileMe worked for me.
    Logging back in MobileMe reproduced the problem.
    The "change username" workaround works for me.
    Thanks you guys.

16. William Randall

William Randall Bit poster

Still not operating for me. Same conditions: W7 running on iMac with Parallels 6, logged in to Parallels server. system name changed. Still not recognizing my W7 VM. What is schedule for app fix, guys? Thanks.

17. Jim Kent

Jim Kent Bit poster

Problem ID: 6780686

18. iphreaky

iphreaky Bit poster

If i sign out of the Mobile ME would I still be able to run Find my iPhone app? I really need it on as i misplace the phone all the time and i've seen some interesting find my iPhone stories here.

19. sandro

Mentioned here issue is very old and was already fixed a long time ago - so you can use your Mobile Me together with Parallels Mobile without limitations. Thank you for interest to our product!

20. iphreaky

iphreaky Bit poster

Thank!

That's Great!
    Thanks for clarifying that.