Massive Sound Problems

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DarthE, Sep 23, 2010.

1. DarthE

DarthE Bit poster

Hi,
    since I've installed Parallels Desktop 6 with Windows XP under Mac OS X 10.6 I get sound problems in Windows and in many Games. Sometimes I hear the Sound normally but the most time there is a scratching while sound is playing (not in Windows Media Player only by the Operating System Sounds or by Games) . My Mac is an iMac 21,5" with ATI Radeon HD 4670 (256MB), Intel Core 2 Duo with 3,06Ghz, 4GB 1067Mhz Ram and Soundcrad called "Intel High Definition Audio". Anyone an Idea how can i fix?

DarthEver

PS.: Sorry for bad english but I'm not a native english speaker...

2. wlwalsh

wlwalsh Bit poster

I have similar problems with Desktop 6. I have not only scratchy and/or distorted sound in some cases but I also experience sound delays where the sound happens well after the event that generates the sound. In other cases, the sound just stops for a second or so. All of these things usually happen during 3d animations (cutscenes).

Also, and it may be related, graphics display sometimes stops for a second and/or the graphics display becomes distorted. Sporadically, the graphics display becomes corrupted. Sometimes you see tearing, sometimes you see black areas and sometimes the graphics just freeze for a few seconds.

My machine is a Mac Pro with 10 GB of memory and a Radeon HD 4870 graphics card. Guest is Windows XP SP3 with one CPU selected, 3 GB main memory and 256 MB video memory assigned.

I doubt there is anything you or I can do to fix it. It would appear that Parallels have one or more serious driver bugs.

Bill Walsh

3. DarthE

DarthE Bit poster

Yeah i got the same problems here :-(
    But I don't get it by every 3D game ... Some of them are working without Sound or Graphic problems ^^

4. UlrichM

UlrichM Bit poster

And same symptoms here with freshly updated pd6 from pd5.
    I have it in WindowsXP and Linux guest (OpenSuSE 11.3). In Linux the scratchy sound is even worse ... at least I got Parallels Tools installed with X-Server 1.8 ...

What to do now? Open a ticket?

Cheers
    Ulle

5. EugeneH

EugeneH Bit poster

Also having the same experience

I am having the sound issues.

I upgraded from Parallels Desktop version 3: Running Windows 2000 Pro with 1GB RAM on a MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.33 with 4GB of RAM and Mac OS 10.5.8.

Help, please!

6. chienlim

chienlim Junior Member

7. DarthE

DarthE Bit poster

8. SongC

SongC Bit poster

I have the same issue. New Macbook Pro 2011, latest PD6. I couldn't hear "Start Navigation" sound at all in any case.

9. WolfK

WolfK Junior Member

Problem: LOW sound level when using iTunes or Winamp.
    At max. volume settings I barely hear the sound when listening to streaming webradios.
    This occured suddenly just a day ago - before no problem.

Have checked all Sound settings in Preferences.

iTunes in Mac has no problems.

Any suggestions ?

Greetings
    Wolf

(iMac i3 - Win7 - Parallels 6)