Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac Build 12090 is available!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Dmitriy, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Bit poster

Dear Users,

Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac build 12090 contains bug fixes and enhancements that improve the overall performance of Parallels Desktop 6. This update is highly recommended for all users of Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac.

Updates for Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac are available via:

- Parallels Desktop in-product updater
    - Parallels Desktop download page - http://www.parallels.com/download/desktop/

Parallels Desktop (build 6.0.12090) improves the general performance, stability, and compatibility of virtual machines, including the following fixes and improvements:

- Adds support for Ubuntu 11.04 virtual machines.
    - Improves mapping of Mac OS X system shortcuts to their equivalents in guest operating systems.
    - Improves sharing clipboard between Windows and Mac OS X.
    - Post about your exploring Windows on the Mac to Twitter and Facebook right from Parallels Desktop.
    - Migrate multiple user accounts from a PC to your Mac using Parallels Transporter.
    - Fixes for the top customer issues

http://kb.parallels.com/en/111319

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  2. mrutter

mrutter Member

Dear Dmitriy,
    is it possible to have a complete list of fixes introduced by this release?

I searched inside your site but I cannot find it.

Thank you.
    MR

3. WRW

WRW Bit poster

With me, after the update, clipboard sharing has completely stopped working between my WinXP and OS X 10.6. Of course, I'm a rightful customer of all these operating systems & Parallels, not using any kind of cracked XP/ Parallels (I tell you my serial # via email if needed).

I tried everything:
    - restarting the services (see http://forum.parallels.com/showpost.php?p=441635&postcount=13 )
    - disabling / enabling desktop sharing (see http://forum.parallels.com/showpost.php?p=446692&postcount=6 ) - done this several times, also with rebooting OS X / Win XP (or both) while trying. Tried both options (preserve format or without)
    - reinstalling Parallel Tools - this doesn't seem to work as it's not listed in Add or Remove Programs and, upon trying to run the uninstaller under Program Files\Parallels, it states that Tools is not running.
    - removing all virus killers and other kinds of protection from the XP

What should I do? This problem makes Parallels completely useless for me.

BTW, in the past, after similar automatic updates, I've noticed the same problems. Then, however, these problems just went away in a day or two without my doing anything to fix it. Now, after some 3 days of the latest update, I'm still suffering from it, no matter what I do...

4. alev

alev Parallels Team

Hello WRW,

Could you please check private messages?
    We will try to figure out your problem.

Thank you.

5. WRW

WRW Bit poster

thanks, I've answered.

6. fokm

fokm Bit poster

I'm having Parallels Tools installer problems again.

Windows XP tells me that the file prl_tg.sys from the Parallels Tools Installer Disk is needed and it cannot be found. I cannot find the file on my Parallels Tools Installer Disk as mounted in Windows XP either. Help, please!

7. alev

alev Parallels Team

prl_tg driver is located (for 32bit Windows XP) under:
    C:\Program Files\Parallels\Parallels Tools\Drivers\prl_tg

8. fokm

fokm Bit poster

That seems to have fixed me right up--but in the future, can't the installer know to look there? A windows system search ignored that folder.

9. WRW

WRW Bit poster

Fixed the problem!

Finally, selecting Virtual Machine / Reinstall Parallels Tools helped.

NOTE: in cases like this, however much Parallels reports the tools being running (if you hover the cursor over its icon in the bottom right), it may not necessarily be the case. In my case, Windows XP's built-in Add or Remove Programs haven't even listed it as installed and I could just delete the \Program Files\Parallels directory (as a "manual uninstaller") showing no services have been started from there.

That is, if you don't see Parallels Tools under Add or Remove Programs , just go on with the reinstall from the top menu bar (not from inside Windows).

10. wingdo

wingdo Pro

>- Fixes for the top customer issues

Can you be a little bit more specific???

11. MrMcgoo

MrMcgoo Bit poster

Here we go again, parallels tools won't install once more. It gives no details on screen as to why it's failed, just rolls back and forces a reboot. The behaviour of No details and forcing a reboot are really really annoying.

Is there a log file somewhere to give a clue as to what it's failing on?

12. MrMcGoo2

MrMcGoo2 Bit poster

I contacted support and after trying to get me to reinstall everything including Windows they came out with an update, build 12092.

This seemed to work but I took some extra precautions. My install looked like it might be failing on the Parallels Time Synchronisation Driver so I also stopped the "Windows Timer" service prior to installing Parallels tools this time.
    I also stopped any service that wasn't core to Windows, i.e. SQL Server in my case.