Parallels 7 Upgrade Program - Amazon?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by SvensonDE, Sep 1, 2011.

1. SvensonDE

SvensonDE Bit poster

Hello,
    i am about to purchase Parallels 6, since there is a special "Limited Edition on SD-Card" for a nice price on the german Amazon site.
    I have read about the possibility to get an upgrade-for-free to Parallels 7, if one purchased a full version of Parallels 6 after August 1 from "authorized reseller".
    My question is: is Amazon.de "authorized reseller" and is this offer from above valid to receive the free ugrade or should i wait and get version 7 directly when it is available?

Thanks in advance

2. thisisjess

thisisjess Junior Member

not sure.

but it has always been cheaper for me to buy the version i already own, again with a free upgrade... then to buy the new version at the upgrade price via parallels...

3. Just got a email from Parallels that version 7 is coming out in a week or so. I would wait.

4. thisisjess

thisisjess Junior Member

parallels upgrade to 7 is already out. it is out for new users next week.

5. Jeaz

Jeaz Junior Member

There is more info about this here: http://www.parallels.com/keyfor7/

Buying from Amazon in Germany would fall under "Purchased in Retail or with a Reseller in Australia and EMEA" I'd presume.

6. LiudmilaA

LiudmilaA Bit poster

Yes, you are right.

7. SonitM

SonitM Bit poster

Does buying Parallels 6 from Amazon.com in USA qualify for this free upgrade to Parallels 7 per "Purchased in Retail or with a Reseller in the US and Canada"? Thanks

8. juliaplow

juliaplow Hunter

9. SonitM

SonitM Bit poster

Thanks, juliaplow.

Does "Software Supply Group" in Cordova, TN, USA, qualify as "authorized supplier" in USA. Thanks again.

10. LiudmilaA

LiudmilaA Bit poster

Dear SonitM,

Software Supply Group is not an authorized reseller and free upgarde keys will not be provided for the Parallels Desktop 6 purchases made through this company.

11. JessicaW

JessicaW Banned

I am not really sure it is an authorized dealer. Try asking customer support. They could provide you with the list [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  12. LiudmilaA

LiudmilaA Bit poster

Hello,

Amazon is authorized reseller.

13. SvensonDE

SvensonDE Bit poster

Thanks, already purchased it and also received the upgrade key. All went smoothly, nice.

14. Dmitriy Kazimirov

Dmitriy Kazimirov Bit poster

and is allsoft(to which you redirected from parallels.com when buy attempt is from CIS) considered autorized?

15. Dmitriy Kazimirov

and what about fact parallels site redirects to allsoft if you try to buy(if language setting is Russian)(without even asking if I want to do so)
    proof of buying still required?which information exactly to request from allsoft?

16. LiudmilaA

LiudmilaA Bit poster

Hello Dmitriy,

Allsoft is authorized reseller and our order processing partner. All orders for Parallels Desktop are processed by Allsoft.

If you purchased Parallels Desktop 6 Upgrade for 1590 RR, you will get free upgrade automatically. If you purchased any other copy of Parallels Desktop, you would need to submit free upgrade request here:

http://www.parallels.com/ru/keyfor7/request/

You can check free upgrade rules here:

http://www.parallels.com/ru/keyfor7/

17. Dmitriy Kazimirov

so automatic free upgrade includes only upgrade version and not regular regular 2499 RR one from allsoft? and for regular one request needs to be submitted?

18. LiudmilaA

LiudmilaA Bit poster

Yes, you are right.