Shared Networking stopped working

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by dcrinzema, Nov 12, 2011.

1. dcrinzema

dcrinzema Member

Just upgraded to 7.0.15050 and shared networking no longer works. Everything looks fine, but no Internet connectivity. Bridged networking does work, but I prefer shared.

When I first upgraded the system told me the Parallels had recovered from a serious error and asked me to send in a report, which I did. The installation then continued normally and every thing is fine except shared networking.

Any ideas?

2. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi,

Unfortunately this build has a problem when "Show in System Preferences" for Parallels Adapter is set and this problem missed from both QA and development.

To workaround it disable this option (for both Shared and HostOnly) using menu of Parallels Desktop -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Change Network Settings and reboot the Mac,

If you need for some reason visibility of Parallels Adapters in System Preferences, please post me your email via forum's private messages. I'll reply with steps how to fix this (in a little bit complex way).

3. ellinj

ellinj Bit poster

I guess I am having a similar problem. I want to enable "Show in System Preferences" and every time I try and enable it Parallels crashes immediately. Any idea when this will be fixed? What I am trying to know is when using shared networking what is the IP address of the host machine used for the shared networking. I don't want to use its external IP address as that frequently changes depending on where I am.

4. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Yes, this crash occures by the same reason. But it is possible to know host-address in Shared networking by starting /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app and executing the command "ifconfig vnic0". If nothing was reconfigured in Parallels, this address is 10.211.55.2