Games and the mouse

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ChrisHo, Mar 9, 2012.

1. ChrisHo

ChrisHo Bit poster

in two games I have tried if I leave smart mouse on I get a spinning effect if I use a single mouse button (Swtor and lotro). If I turn smart mouse of I lose the mouse cursor in either game. So where is the compromise? Is there a magical setting that will let P7 and games cooperate?

2. YanaYana

YanaYana

try to increase RAM - go to Configure - General

3. ChrisHo

ChrisHo Bit poster

Is that reply to me? You can't give Parallels more than 4g because if you do it complains ( I have 12g and tried to assign 8)

There is a definite bug in your mouse handling. If I play the games in windowed mode within the VM the mouse works fine. If I am full screen within the VM (this is all regardless if the VM itself is fullscreen) using the left mouse button sends the perspective spinning.

Toggling smart mouse off just removes it from the game in full screen mode. I have gone back to using Bootcamp for games and only use Parallels to download new Windows programs or patch existing ones. It certainly is not good enough to play games in.

4. YanaYana

YanaYana

with 12 GB you can assign 8 GB to vm - just ignore the complaint.
    And if you believe the issue persistes - just contact tech support so that they can investigate this issue.

5. DidierP

DidierP Bit poster

Unfortunately no :(. Just fill the bug report to increase stats on this problem and hope that someone read them... Someone on this forum gave a working solution: use a second mouse (USB) and attach it directly to the VM (this is for the spinning problem). The workaround for the buggy hardware cursor is to play windowed (or check game settings, some have an option to disable use of hardware cursor). Swtor works fine with second mouse and graphics settings: Fullscreen(Windowed). DAoC works fine too (windowed mode only).

6. YanaYana

YanaYana

actually advice to submit the support request can be very efficient.
    Support team would forward your request to Development team so that they can deal with it