Have a "Grey Box" on desktop when Parallels for Mac launched

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by BrianNydish, Sep 8, 2011.

1. BrianNydish

BrianNydish Member

Hello. I have installed Parallels for Mac and it works well. The only issue that I have is that when I am in Coherence Mode,..there is a Grey Box that appears in the upper left corner. It has no data. If I exit Coherence Mode, then return,...it gets much smaller but is still there on the desktop.

Any idea what this is? Thanks.

2. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

3. Steve.

Steve. Bit poster

Same problem

I have the same problem. The grey box appears whenever a windows application loads in coherence and will only disappear by leaving coherence and re-entering coherence mode. It only started after latest update.
    Steve
    ID 10214405

4. AmyStewart

AmyStewart Junior Member

I have the same problem too. And I just have to do the same thing over again. What do you think is the best thing we should do to get ride of the grey box?

5. Steve.

Steve. Bit poster

Resolved? sort of

Seeing as there has been no help from parallels, I have restored the app from an earlier backup before the update and the grey box no longer appears.

6. Steve.

Steve. Bit poster

Perhaps not

After 24 hours of not getting the grey box, it's back.
    Parallels- help please

Attached Files:

7. guruprasads

guruprasads Member

Disable the Startup and services and check with the issue and let us know whether it works fine, because this might be caused by some applications.

8. andymr

andymr Bit poster

Did we find a solution?

I get this now with P8 on 10.8.2.

How did you guys fix it?

Thanks

9. BrianNydish

BrianNydish Member

Not fixed yet.

No fix that I have seen. Works fine, just an inconvenience.

10. andymr

andymr Bit poster

11. BrianNydish

BrianNydish Member

THis is NOT a fix,...but a workaround. To have to disable other programs is ridiculous. My thoughts.

12. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Parallels can't do nothing if the program doesn't pass the necessary information to the system and acts in a non-standard way.

13. BrianNydish

BrianNydish Member

Ducktape logic,...Parallels is not keeping up with Mac. Period. Too reactive.

14. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

If you are calling me too reactive in your telegraphic tantrum, I should say I do not work for Parallels nor I speak on their behalf. As for the rest of your 'opinion/conclusion/demand/rant(?)' I don't really care.

Have a nice day!

15. BrianNydish

BrianNydish Member

Specimen,

First I would like to apologize to you. This was not meant to upset you. I am sorry. This was directed towards Parallels who just does not seem interested in fixing some of the issues that have risen since Mountain Lion integration.
    I did mean to write NOT too reactive (Parallels).

What I mean by this is that we should not have to disable features of Windows to allow Parallels DTM 7 or 8 to work. Is this not this what I was paying for? There also is a "refresh" issue that affects Coherence Mode on some Windows programs (happens to be both of the programs I use every day) and we have been hearing to "stay tuned" for the repair.

Being only two years into Parallels,..it just seems they are not proactive or responsive to the issues. I just want these problems fixed. That's all.

Again,..I am sorry if I upset you. i did not mean. Let's all enjoy the weekend.

16. ASFx

ASFx Bit poster

This problem is still happening. Any other solutions? It seems like this should have been patched by now.