Windows 8 - Failure configuring Windows updates

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ae6dx, Oct 30, 2012.

1. ae6dx

ae6dx Hunter

I just did a clean install/VM creation for Windows 8 using the latest Mac PD version. When I run Windows update it starts to process and then says Failure configuring Windows updates and reverting changes. How do I fix this?

Problem report ID 19313782

2. stevensmiami

stevensmiami Bit poster

According to Windows support...the solution is supposed to be at the following:
    FYI... I DID THIS BUT I HAVE THE SAME ERROR///DID NOT WORK FOR ME!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

For Windows 8

Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)
    Type "cmd" or command prompt in the search box.
    In the list of results, swipe down on or right-click Command Prompt, and then tap or click Run as administrator.
    In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands exactly as they appear. Press the Enter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    !!!NOTE THERE IS A SPACE BEFORE EACH OF THE ABOVE FORWARD SLASHES !!!
    To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.
    Run Windows Update again.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  3. ae6dx

ae6dx Hunter

For me somehow Windows was not activated. Once activated I ran Update again and had no problem.

4. EgilsG

EgilsG Bit poster

DISM.exe ~ /Restorehealth failed

Did not worked for me too…

Checking System Update Readiness.

(p) CSI Payload Corrupt amd64_microsoft-windows-rasbase_31bf3856ad364e35_6.2.9200.20521_none_67718ca11d232456\rasctrnm.h
    (p) CSI Payload Corrupt amd64_microsoft-windows-rasbase_31bf3856ad364e35_6.2.9200.16384_none_66aa0f4604337b10\rasctrnm.h
    (p) CSI Payload Corrupt amd64_microsoft-windows-rasctrs_31bf3856ad364e35_6.2.9200.16384_none_6ce7c024002c9e37\rasctrnm.h

Summary:
    Operation: Detect only
    Operation result: 0x0
    Last Successful Step: CSI store detection completes.
    Total Detected Corruption: 3
    CBS Manifest Corruption: 0
    CBS Metadata Corruption: 0
    CSI Manifest Corruption: 0
    CSI Metadata Corruption: 0
    CSI Payload Corruption: 3
    Total Repaired Corruption: 0
    CBS Manifest Repaired: 0
    CSI Manifest Repaired: 0
    CSI Payload Repaired: 0
    CSI Store Metadata refreshed: True

Total Operation Time: 956 seconds.

5. MLittleR

MLittleR Member

Greetings All,

The Windows update issue has nothing to do with Parallels; ask google, it shows about 181,000 results on "failure configuring windows updates reverting changes". So it's microsoft support who should address the issue.

Here is one more microsoft kb regarding the matter: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358#method1

Hope this helps.