Quickbooks 2013 for Windows won't install

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by roymurphy, Feb 25, 2013.

1. roymurphy

roymurphy Bit poster

I have Parallels 6.0.12106, Revision Sept 7, 2011. When I try to install Quickbooks 2013 for Windows it does not execute. Quickbooks help advises that its program will not run on Parallels. Any ideas?

2. jrthree

jrthree Bit poster

Looks like I've run into a similar situation. Trying to install QB Premier 2013 on Win7 using Parallels Build 8.0.18494 (Revision 886912; June 17, 2013), running on a Macbook Pro 2.53 GHz i5 with 8GB RAM on board. I currently run QB Premier 2011 on this configuration. Have had no previous problem with install or operation of that version. Any help would be appreciated.

3. roymurphy

roymurphy Bit poster

Suggestion

I managed to upgrade Quicken by, I can't remember exactly, but I think I went directly into the C: drive and called up the installation from there somehow, instead of relying on the installation program to do all that work for me. If you muck about with that idea you may get the installation to work for Quickbooks.

4. jrthree

jrthree Bit poster

I will commence the mucking. Seems there's something keeping the OS from recognizing the drive once the install initiates. It asks the "do you want this program to take control" question, but then goes nowhere. Thanks!