BootCamp boots fine VM Mac OS sometimes cannot find Windows OS Drive

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ParcoU, Aug 19, 2013.

1. ParcoU

ParcoU Bit poster

Have a strange issue with my Mac and Parallels

MBA running Mt. Loin Mac OSX
    Parallels 8.0.18483
    Running BootCamp Windows 7 Professional partition
    Note, my BootCamp is also my VM when boot in the Mac OS. So just one instance of Windows for me

Issue: There are times when I open a Windows app and it awakens Parallels for suspend mode and tells me cannot find or not valid drive to boot. I can reboot the Mac and select the option for bootcamp and it boots just find fully in Windows. Then I can reboot back to Mac an open an Windows app and it opens fine.

It is off/on when this occurs but I have no idea why the VM is now doing this...for more than 6+ months never had an issue. I believe there have been some updates but not saying it came from that but I am lost to what is the issue now...

What do I look for, how can I fix or address this issue?

2. Stuw

Stuw Parallels Developers

Hi,

You can try to check bootcamp partition filesystem from Windows.
    When you get this error once again, please create a problem report and post it's number here. Also you can check is your bootcamp partition mounted to host.

3. ParcoU

ParcoU Bit poster

Thx...I can do the ticket...

On the other part can you give me some light instructions on how check bootcamp partition mounted to host? Check the filesys in Windows is this chkdsk?

4. Stuw

Stuw Parallels Developers

There is few ways how to check mount status:
    1) Use Disk Utility and check bootcamp partition status
    2) use mount command (without arguments) in Terminal

chkdsk is a tool for filesystem check. Also you can use ui way: open drive properties (right click on drive -> Properties), select Tools and then "Check now..." button (need to select "Automatically fix files ystem errors").