Mouse/Trackpad Scrolling Left/Right Not Working in PD9

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Kestorr, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Kestorr

Kestorr Bit poster

Experienced this problem after I upgraded to PD9. The left/right scrolling function of my laptop trackpad and mouse does not work. This function was working under PD8.

Anyone experiencing this problem? A bug? Any fixes?

2. serv

serv Forum Maven

What Windows application are you running?
    Try un-checking this option VM Configuration > Hardware > Mouse & Keyboard > Enable smooth scrolling

3. Kestorr

Kestorr Bit poster

Applications like Microsoft Office and even Windows Explorer fails to scroll left/right with mouse/trackpad. Strangely applications like IE is fine.

I have tried unchecking the 'Enable smooth scrolling' option. Doesn't help unfortunately.

4. KHUNDRYK

KHUNDRYK Bit poster

Hello I am experiencing the same issue. Help Please. Thanks.

5. serv

serv Forum Maven

Indeed, horizontal scrolling doesn't work in some apps. Thanks for the heads up.

6. EllwoodN

EllwoodN Hunter

This may be related as well. With my Windows8 VM's, I have also found that in some applications,
    vertical scrolling has become only one way, i.e. can only scroll down. Matlab is one example of
    where this is occurring, yet something like Visual Studio Express Desktop 2012 does not exhibit
    this behavior. Also, if it makes a difference, I am using an Apple wireless Magic Mouse.

Also, I do have the issue of no horizontal scrolling in apps, but that was also present
    in PD8, so does not appear to be anything new.

Other than that at this point in time all seems to be working well with PD9 and my Win8 VMs
    and they seem to be a bit "snappier" in response and computing speed vs. PD8. We'll see
    as time goes on as I access more of my installed apps if this continues to be true or if some
    other oddities pop up.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  7. serv

serv Forum Maven

EllwoodN,

if you un-check VM Configuration > Hardware > Mouse & Keyboard > Enable smooth scrolling, will you still see one-way vertical scrolling? Which apps more specifically?

8. KHUNDRYK

KHUNDRYK Bit poster

Can you please provide an ETA for the fix.

Hello, this has become unusable as I use Viso & Microsoft 2012 office extensively. Not being able to perform Horizontal scrolling is really a pain and I need to revert back to version 8. Would you be able to advise how long it will take to fix this issue. Thanks for your help.

9. KHUNDRYK

KHUNDRYK Bit poster

I have unchecked VM Configuration > Hardware > Mouse & Keyboard > Enable smooth scrolling.
    Issue:
    Vertical scrolling not a problem. In fact it has resolved the previous ver 8 issue whereby when I perform vertical scrolling in excel, it does so in every 3 lines instead of every 1 line.

Horizontal scrolling is an issue on Microsoft products (Visio 2007, Office 2012). I have to use the horizontal scroll bar to drag it left or right.

10. EllwoodN

EllwoodN Hunter

As suggested, I unchecked Enable Smooth Scrolling and vertical scrolling has returned to normal.
    However, there is no horizontal scrolling on any app with this fix. Not so much an issue for me
    currently as most work is currently code writing and not so much graphics oriented, but would
    be nice to get a fix.

11. serv

serv Forum Maven

Horizontal scrolling fix is in the works.
    Vertical scrolling that can be fixed by disabling smooth scrolling is a bit more complicated.

12. Michael Buchta

Michael Buchta Junior Member

This solved the problem for me (PD9 Win 8)
    start Regedit and expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\H ID subtree
    - fully expand both VID_203A&PID_FFFC&MI_00 and VID_203A&PID_FFFC&MI_01 branches and find Device Parameters keys
    - under Device Parameters set VScrollHighResolutionDisable and HScrollHighResolutionDisable values to 1
    - reboot Windows
    regards
    Michael

13. Kestorr

Kestorr Bit poster

Yes this solved the problem. Of course an official fix from PD9 would be ideal, but this will do for now. Thanks Michael

14. Ron.Al.4.0

Ron.Al.4.0 Bit poster

Exactly same problem here.

15. Ron.Al.4.0

Ron.Al.4.0 Bit poster

Worked!!! Thanks!
    The entries were not there originally, so I had to add them, as string fields under the Device Parameters branch in both paths, restarted and voilà!

16. serv

serv Forum Maven

Horizontal scrolling is fixed in 9.0.23062.

17. Ron.Al.4.0

Ron.Al.4.0 Bit poster

Thanks Serv!

18. mwedwards

mwedwards Bit poster

Horizontal scrolling is still not working for me in Excel 2013 under Win7 32-bit. It worked under PD8. I am running 9.0.23062.

19. bucweat@rushpost.com

bucweat@rushpost.com Member

Are you all running multiple VMs or just one when scrolling problems happen?

I have this and other problems with scrolling when I have multiple VMs running. As soon as I close everything but one VM, that VM has working scrolling.

20. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

Could you give us more details please? How many VMs is running and what applications are affected? It would be great to have steps to reproduce the problem (1,2,3...).
    Also, once you reproduce the issue, please post a problem report ID here: http://kb.parallels.com/en/9058