Parallels Tools support for Fedora 17 and 18?

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by Doug from Boulder, Feb 15, 2013.

1. DoronR

DoronR Bit poster

Using Fedora Core 18, I can't get the tools installer to work and that an error occurred when downloading required components. Yet I yum installed gcc/mag/kernel sources.

Any idea why?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  2. DietrichL

DietrichL Bit poster

Fedora 18 -- Coherence mode -- OK

Dear all,

I just updated parallels to the the last version and installed Parallel tools for Fedora 18 (XFCE). Coherence mode installed without problems and works fine.

Dietrich

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  3. James Rome

James Rome Hunter

With Parallels 9, I still cannot install Parallels Tools on Fedora 19. I installed gcc and Development Tools. make is there. It still tells me to install these components. I did run yum update before doing anything. This should not be so hard. Why release a new Parallels that does not support the latest OSs?

4. Daniel Rodrigue

Daniel Rodrigue Bit poster

Which kernel are you using? I have the latest Parallels Desktop v8 (8.0.18608) and updated Fedora to 3.10.14-100.fc18.x86_64 and I'm getting compiling errors again:

Code:
    CC [M]  /usr/lib/parallels-tools/kmods/prl_tg/Toolgate/Guest/Linux/prl_tg/prltg.o
    /usr/lib/parallels-tools/kmods/prl_tg/Toolgate/Guest/Linux/prl_tg/prltg.c: In function ‘prl_tg_write’:
    /usr/lib/parallels-tools/kmods/prl_tg/Toolgate/Guest/Linux/prl_tg/prltg.c:796:9: error: implicit declaration of function ‘PDE’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
    /usr/lib/parallels-tools/kmods/prl_tg/Toolgate/Guest/Linux/prl_tg/prltg.c:796:31: error: invalid type argument of ‘->’ (have ‘int’)
    /usr/lib/parallels-tools/kmods/prl_tg/Toolgate/Guest/Linux/prl_tg/prltg.c: In function ‘prl_tg_init_one’:
    /usr/lib/parallels-tools/kmods/prl_tg/Toolgate/Guest/Linux/prl_tg/prltg.c:1303:2: error: implicit declaration of function ‘create_proc_entry’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
    /usr/lib/parallels-tools/kmods/prl_tg/Toolgate/Guest/Linux/prl_tg/prltg.c:1303:4: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
    /usr/lib/parallels-tools/kmods/prl_tg/Toolgate/Guest/Linux/prl_tg/prltg.c:1305:4: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    /usr/lib/parallels-tools/kmods/prl_tg/Toolgate/Guest/Linux/prl_tg/prltg.c:1306:4: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

As a result, Parallels Tools won't install again.

Regards,
    Daniel

5. Brian Weaver

Brian Weaver Bit poster

I'm having the same problem with kernel 3.11.4-101.fc18.i686.PAE and 3.10.10-100.fc18.i686.PAE. I have been able to get tools to install for 3.9.9-201.fc18.i686.PAE.

After the latest Yum update I can't even get the login window to display. ;-(