Service Announcement for Users of Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Chris@Parallels, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

URGENT SERVICE NOTIFICATION FOR PARALLELS DESKTOP 7 FOR MAC USERS:
    If you intend to upgrade to the upcoming Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9), please note that Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac will not support OS X Mavericks (10.9). You will not be able to launch your Windows virtual machine or directly use your files through Parallels Desktop 7.

If you plan on upgrading to OS X Mavericks; upgrade to Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac, as it is the only version available today ready for Mavericks.

2. AlfonsoM

AlfonsoM Bit poster

This is not helpful !

3. Brando242

Brando242 Bit poster

So what do we do if we installed Mavericks on Tuesday when it was released to the general public, and we got your email today? Can I upgrade to Parallels 9 after installing Mavericks and still have access to Windows? What are my options?

4. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Hi Brando,

You can upgrade to PD9 as normal. Once you receive the confirmation email with the download link, you can proceed with the upgrade. You may need to have your PD7 key available. It should be listed in your My Account profile on the website.

If you need any additional assistance, please feel free to reach out.

Chris

5. shepheredm

shepheredm Bit poster

Have been using parellels for a long time and have been upgrading each year except last year so l have been using version 7, by the look of things its time to say goodbye parallels and welcome virtual box. I can not afford to keep paying each year for an upgrade and yet the OS is free. This is called failing to do business. Thank you it was nice working with you parallels.

6. CheRaj

CheRaj Bit poster

So I ended up upgrading to Mavericks and subsequently got the email. I am unable to uninstall Ver7 using the installer and cannot upgrade 9 after purchasing via the installer. I am officially stuck. I want to do a simple upgrade so I do not have to reinstall windows and all the programs etc. Need help

7. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Download PDM9 from the link in my signature and install, you'll be asked for the license keys (of 7 and 9).

8. OttoOnge

OttoOnge Bit poster

No way that I'm shelving out €50 for an upgrade: I purchased Parallels 7 in june 2012 which is less than 1 1/2 year ago and now it's rendered worthless. How on earth can a serious company drop support on a version little over a year after it is superseded by its successor?? Upgrading every year for 65% of the retail price looks to me like a subscription. Nothing wrong with that but do it in the open!

A deeply disappointed customer.

9. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

10. Keglevich

Keglevich Bit poster

I did all you said but I'm still stuck!! Now I can't use neither version 7 or version 9 because the installation procedure always hangs while removing previous version no matter if I force the abortion of the upgrade and try to remove using MacKeeper or manually remove the download folder under the Library. I'm tying with MAC OS 10.8.5 and I intend to upgrade to Maverics but I fear that in the new OS I will still be stuck like the case reported by CheRaj :(

11. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

12. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

I DMed you the Terminal commands to remove Parallels Desktop 7 manually. Just copy and paste the commands one by once and enter your Mac account password when prompted.
    Once Parallels Desktop 7 is removed, re-download Parallels Desktop 9 at http://www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd9 and install it.

13. nrs111

nrs111 Bit poster

I was user of PD7 but ended up deleting it. I now have Mavericks installed. If I decide to try PD9 can I just buy the upgrade package as long as I still have the PD7 product code?

14. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Yes, you can.

15. nrs111

nrs111 Bit poster

Thanks, everything went well.

16. samnguyenduc

samnguyenduc Bit poster

I did all you said but I'm still stuck!!

17. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

Which step are you stuck at? Please check your private messages.