Windows 7 on multiple spaces in full screen mode

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AleksanderL, Feb 20, 2012.

1. AleksanderL

AleksanderL Bit poster

I was wondering if there is a possibilty to make Windows 7 available on multiple spaces in full screen mode?

I know there are some Virtual Desktop managers for Windows, but I would like to be able to use gestures to switch between Windows desktops.

2. YanaYana

YanaYana

You need to open Virtual Machine COnfiguration > Options > Full Screen > all displays

3. AleksanderL

AleksanderL Bit poster

Thank you for your reply, but my issue is different. I would like to be able to use one Windows VM on, let's say, two spaces in fullscreen.

4. YanaYana

YanaYana

This is not possible unfortunately.

5. MartyDa

MartyDa Bit poster

AMAleksanderL:

Did you ever find a solution to this, I'm looking to do the same thing. Thanks!

6. b43anm

b43anm Bit poster

Dear Parallels Team,

I just wonder if it would be possible to use "multiple spaces" as additional "virtual" displays (like on a multi-monitor-setup) in order to extended the desktop of the VM and have more screen real estate. Each multiple space behaves as if it were an additonal monitor connected to the VM. You woan't be able to have the whole screen real estate at one glance, but you can shuffle through it via "mutliple spaces".

7. steve_tech

steve_tech Bit poster

I would also like to have the ability to add virtual displays and use Spaces to control them. Would it be possible to get this as a feature request for the development team?

8. HunterDG

HunterDG Junior Member

second!

Coherence mode is miserable for me.. full screen applications don't work right, too many glitches when trying to select windows that are behind other windows.. So i stick with full screen mode.

Somehow today, parallels has decided to add an extra 'virtual' monitor so now i have full-screen mode WITH spaces. Not sure what happened, but I LIKE it!!

Can this become standard? Does VMWare Fusion offer this functionality?

I'm getting kinda sick of the bugs w/ parallels.

9. Manojkumar@Parallels

Manojkumar@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi HunterDG,

We suggest you to follow the steps as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/5194 and let us if it works.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  10. HunterDG

HunterDG Junior Member

That KB article is for Parallels Desktop 3 and was written in 2008?? None of it applies.

11. MartyDa

MartyDa Bit poster

HunterDG: Did you ever find out how this was magically enabled? I'd love to get this up and running! Thanks.

12. Mervin@Parallels

Mervin@Parallels Guest

Hi all ,

It is possible to run multiple VM's in multiple spaces in Mac but not single VM in multiple spaces in Mac full screen mode.