OSX Yosemite DP 7 Issues

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by ThomasTankmar, Sep 3, 2014.

1. ThomasTankmar

ThomasTankmar Bit poster

Hi, has anyone tried the DP7 release with either Parallels Version 10.0.1 (27695) and if it is working satisfactory ?

Have some testing I would like to do on DP7, but is not able to make the full backup just now, and reluctent to updated based on the experience when updating to DP6.

Thx for your input :)

2. ThomasTankmar

ThomasTankmar Bit poster

I can verify that DP7 works with Parallels Version 10.0.1 (27695). Have been running it for a few hours and have had no issues.

3. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Thomas,

That's great!
    Keep us posted the experience with Parallels Desktop 10 and Yosemite DP7.

4. Fonzo!

Fonzo! Bit poster

Hello,

I had the previous version of Parallel Desktop 10.0.0 (?????) installed wenn upgrading to Yosemite DP 7. The virtual Machine was unusable freezing. I've upgraded to 10.0.1 (27695), no change. Windows 8.1 take 2 hours to show login screen...
    Everything was OK before upgrading to DP7.
    I should try to uninstall Parallel Desktop and reinstall, but it's not possible before september 29...

5. garypage123456

garypage123456 Bit poster

Same here. Same thing happened in dp6. After a while they finally updated it. Hoping for the same here.

6. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

7. garypage123456

garypage123456 Bit poster

I tried that and reinstalled parallels tools and found no difference

Edit: After being frustrated with it all day yesterday. Restarting the computer, parallels, reinstalling parallels, stopping/starting the machine, reinstalling tools, etc. I gave up. Went to bed, woke up this morning and tried again. Perfect. Just as fast and useful as before I upgraded to DP7. No idea what the issue was, but crossing my fingers it doesn't come back.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  8. jmanos3

jmanos3 Member

I have been able to run 10.10 DP7 as a guest OS using Parallels 10.0.2 on a 10.9.4 host (MBPr 15-inch Late 2013 model). It has been stable but does perform slower in comparison to a 10.9.4 guest on the same host configuration.