Pasting images from clipboard to win7 client results in black image

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by trebormik, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Sultan_

Sultan_ Bit poster

Are others still having this issue? It happens for me, and I'm using the latest --
    Build 9.0.24251
    It's so frustrating. I think instead of upgrading to version 10, I might try using a different product.

2. John_McCormick

John_McCormick Bit poster

Yes, I have the same issue with Mavericks. The black square happens occasionally. I also have the issue with distorted image pasting. It resolved itself a few months ago but a more recent upgrade caused it to reappear

3. MikePN

MikePN Bit poster

Yes, I still have this problem with win XP running on macbook pro. paste into windows results in black box. sometimes fixed by reboot xp and mac, sometimes not. endless reinstalls of parallels tools - still not fixed.....

4. MikePN

MikePN Bit poster

can anyone suggest an alternative product please?

5. Sultan_

Sultan_ Bit poster

Has Parallels ever acknowledged this problem in the past (other that suggesting re-installing the tools on the VM)?
    I may give VirtualBox a try (it would be a free experiment) https://www.virtualbox.org

6. ChrisEl

ChrisEl Bit poster

7. ChrisEl

ChrisEl Bit poster

Hi Sultan_
    On 13th May 2014, on Parallels Ticket 1903574, I had this from Parallels Support by Email:
    Then, a few hours later, I got this from Sergei Borovnik, again from Parallels Support:

On 28th May, I emailed support@support.parallels.com referencing this ticket but had zero response.
    It's stupid that Parallels have opened the ticket but gave me no route to track the bug. I don't have any idea if and when they will re-open the ticket if they get feedback from development.
    Since then there has been silence from Parallels. Clearly they have no idea what the fix is.

The real pain? All was well under Parallels 8. I upgraded to 9 as a good progressive customer but this fault only started following the U/G to 9. If they suggest I u/g to 10, I think it should be free. No way can I justify 10 if 9 was buggy and was never fixed.
    Twitter time again! Look out for hastag #paracopy

8. KirillBagrinovskiiy

KirillBagrinovskiiy Parallels Developers

Hello Sultan
    I am developer of Parallels Desktop
    Bug with black image is Apple bug. Recently Apple say that bug fixed. I think you should update your OS X to last 10.9 build or to 10.10 (when Apple release it). Moreover in PD10 we do hard work to workaround this Apple bug. You can try update to PD10. In PD10 this bug should be fixed.

Best Regards
    Kirill Bagrinovskiy

9. Sultan_

Sultan_ Bit poster

Kirill,
    Thank you for your response. I just tested the shared clipboard with VirtualBox and I get the same type of garbled image. This *does* appear to be an Apple problem. I will wait for Yosemite to be released and test again at that time.

10. kevinvinv

kevinvinv Bit poster

I am still seeing this with Yosemite, anyone else?

11. ChrisEl

ChrisEl Bit poster

Yawn. Yep. Still seeing this bug. Nasty, nasty.