How can I get a refund? How do I talk to a REAL person?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Kelsey_McClanahan, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Kelsey_McClanahan

Kelsey_McClanahan Bit poster

I purchased PD 10 upgrade bundle last week, and was unable to activate it. When I made the purchase off of the website, I clicked upgrade, went through the checkout process, and downloaded the image. No where did it say anything about the bundle only being valid for PD 8 or 9 before I made the purchase. I only found this out AFTER installing the software and trying to activate it.

I went ahead and hit the 14 day trial button, hoping to find out how to purchase a full license in short order. The trial is crap. It only works for a certain amount of time and then the VM freezes asking to purchases a license or continue on with the 14 day evaluation. I've had enough of this nonsense after several days and wanted to purchase a full license so that it would go away. Problem is, I've sent in several requests -- and not a single person has every responded. I've looked through the Parallels web site for a phone number to resolve the issue, but cannot find one. How in the world do you get support?

OK, so now I've moved on and upgraded my VMWare Fusion from 5 Pro to 7 Pro. I no longer have a need at all for my Parallels license and would like a refund. How do I make this request? If I don't receive a message within a couple of days I will just go ahead and have my credit card company dispute the purchase -- seems only reasonably since I cannot talk to a Parallels employee.

Thank you, ---> Kelsey McClanahan

2. Nikhil@Parallels

Nikhil@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Kelsey,

Please refer the article mentioned below to know how to contact support for Parallels Desktop.

http://kb.parallels.com/en/6571

Feel free to reach us any time for assistance.

3. aced411

aced411 Bit poster

I hope you had better luck than I did. I had the same problem as you. Ticket submitted, 5 hours later and no one has even read it. I waited in line (position 1) for chat support for an hour. Parallels might have the fastest slickest vm software on mac, but the Customer service is atrocious.

4. SergioA1

SergioA1 Bit poster

Good to see that I am not the only one pulling my hair out with the lack of support responses. I have 2 days left on my trial and I doubt I am going to get a response on time.

I am a software developer and the VM is critical for my income. I will need to download a trial of VMWare Fusion 7 Pro to keep me online until support gets back to me to solve my activation problem, I see that they bundle support with the purchase of a license.

Sergio

5. aced411

aced411 Bit poster

I am a web developer myself so I completely understand. I was able to catch customer service by using chat in the late evening. You might try reaching during off hours.