Parallels Tools won't install on Windows 7

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Will1, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Will1

Will1 Bit poster

Hi guys.

I just got Parallels and after installing it and using the Windows ISO to install, I'm unable to successfully install Parallels Tools. I've tried a bunch of things I found on here but nothing has worked. Attached is an image of the error. It always errors out at 69% completion.

Any ideas? I can't run my software until I get the Tools installed.

Attached Files:

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi Will1, Please try this article to fix Parallels tools installation issue.

3. Will1

Will1 Bit poster

Hi there. I tried every method you posted to no avail. Any other ideas? Still stops at 69% with the same error.

EDIT: I just tried to re-install Windows 7 and when it completes the install I get a warning message, this may have something to do with it. (see image)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  4. Dishant@Parallels

Dishant@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi, please try the steps mentioned here if Parallels Tools installation stops/hangs at 69%.

5. if the issue still persists please use the steps below:
    1. Start you Virtual machine and click on the "start" button"
    2. Please type in the "Search" box "cmd" (without quotes) and hit Enter
    3. In the Command prompt window please type the following command:
    sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
    4. Please check the results, restart your Virtual machine and reinstall Parallels Tools

6. LisaP1

LisaP1 Bit poster

Hello Will1. I had the same issue with windows 7 and the parallels 11 update - tools can't load, stopping at 69% with error message. Did Maria's advice work for you? After running the sfc /scannow command and restarting your VM did the parallels tools finally load?

I had to uninstall parallels 11 and reinstall parallels 9 to keep working in windows - parallels 9 works beautifully by the way...
    Thanks in advance for your reply, LP

7. Guys, you can also try this KB
    This article has been tested for Parallels Desktop 11.