PD11: Copy/paste freezes between OS X 10.10.5 and Win10 VM

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DoniK, Aug 26, 2015.

1. DoniK

DoniK Hunter

Having an issue where occasionally copy/paste between host and guest is causing freezes. Sometimes okay, sometimes freezes Mac or Win app being pasted into, sometimes freezes the entire PD11, requiring guest shutdown, app quit, restart, to work okay again.
    Anybody else seeing this?

KWLandry likes this.
  2. KWLandry

KWLandry Bit poster

Yes, same issue, copy/paste appears to hang the vm,
    Not willing to go this route, http://kb.parallels.com/en/113893, to turn off copy/paste as it's too invaluable,

Loved the uptick in speed with 11, but it shoots that all to hell with a 3-4 minute hang on every paste from Mac to Windows, can't get a lot done with the vm hanging every time I need to move info back and forth,

Forgot to mention, I've also reinstalled Parallels Tools a couple of times, thought I'd had it with the first reinstall, but, it was only the restart from the install that provided momentary relief.

KWL

3. DoniK

DoniK Hunter

Well, that's referring specifically to MS VS, not in general, so this bug is much bigger than that. Sounds like you have it even worse than I do. Ugh. Guess I'll open a support ticket and cross my fingers. I just completely uninstalled and reinstalled Parallels Tools to see if it helps. Shrug. Knew I should have waited on buying the upgrade; it's always a beta test with Parallels. Thanks for replying.

4. sh0knah

sh0knah Bit poster

Same issue here. Very frustrating. Does not seem to be isolated to a particular application.

5. Dear all could you please generate the Problem report using this KB right when the issue reoccurs and reply us back with the report 8-digit ID number.

6. DoniK

DoniK Hunter

73091271, recorded after relaunched PD11 from force-quit half a dozen times.
    I'm downgrading to PD10 until this is fixed. I can't sit here and beta test, I have work to do. This has already caused big problems right in the middle of a critical deadline.

Update: No more freezes after downgrading back to 10.2.2

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    KWLandry likes this.
  7. bubbaw

bubbaw Bit poster

Same things happens to me in Windows 7 on Parallels 11; but copy and paste don't work. I copy from Mac 10.10.5 then try to paste into Windows 7 and get an hour glass for a few seconds, then nothing (paste was unsuccessful). Tried reinstalling tools, adjusting copy/paste settings and even reinstalled 11. Very annoying. Just submitted problem report #73442804.

8. RainerBu

RainerBu Bit poster

Same thing here. Upgrading to PD11 gives me a lot of grief :(

9. RadekV

RadekV Junior Member

Yes,

same issue

10. DoniK

DoniK Hunter

12 days since PD11 released and purchased, and no fix for this yet. Can I have interest on my $50, since v.11 doesn't work and I had to uninstall it?

11. PascalA1

PascalA1 Bit poster

some situation here! Reported ID is 74366045

12. DavidM8

DavidM8 Bit poster

Please fix this urgently. Copy and Paste is an absolute feature that is required. Disabling it is NOT a valid work around. If you are unable to fix it, please refund us the upgrade costs.

13. marat_t

marat_t Pro

Hello guys,

issue should be fixed in the released hotfix. Please update Parallels Desktop.
    If it still happens, please collect samples of Parallels Desktop process and <virtual_machine_name> process at the moment the issue is reproduced: http://kb.parallels.com/en/123078
    please note samples should be collected at the freezing state or it will be useless.

Also, please collect a new problem report

DoniK likes this.
  14. bubbaw

bubbaw Bit poster

Today's update didn't fix the problem for me. Still cannot paste into Windows 7x64 from OS 10.10.5. I get an hour glass for a few seconds, then nothing. Submitted new problem w/ process sample: 74487286. Back to Fusion I go :(

15. DoniK

DoniK Hunter

Just to close the loop on my OP, the 11.0.1 update did indeed resolve my copy/paste freezes. Thanks

16. PascalA1

PascalA1 Bit poster

mine are fixed too - fast delivery of the update - thanks!