Can't find Bootcamp partition in Parallels desktop 10 on Macbook 12"

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by penockio, Aug 1, 2015.

1. penockio

penockio Bit poster

I can't find the Bootcamp partition (windows 8.1) in the Parallels desktop 10.2.2 on the New Macbook 12" (Yosemite 10.10.4).
    What should I do?
    1. Reinstall the windows 8.1 through the Parallels desktop (delete the old bootcamp partition) but I don't know how to make the bootcamp from parallels desktop image.
    2. Install the new windows 10 to the bootcamp partition then make virtual image from paralles desktop (normal method), but don't know that it will has the same issue or not (cannot see the bootcamp partition).
    3. else. please suggest

Thank you.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

3. NidalQ

NidalQ Bit poster

Hi, same problem here.

I have followed the above procedure but I am stuck in "Trying to boot from SATA drive 1"

4. penockio

penockio Bit poster

There is no Bootcamp drive available to select in the manual adding method. There is only image files: Windows 8.1-0.hdd available.
    What next to try?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  5. Guys, please try this KB and let us know the results.

6. penockio

penockio Bit poster

My OS X 10.10.4 is Yosemite, not El-capitan. And There is no Security Configuration from the Utilities menu.
    What next to try? I am very welcome to try every methods that make it work.
    Thanks.

7. penockio

penockio Bit poster

8. NidalQ

NidalQ Bit poster

Still stuck in "Trying to boot from SATA drive 1"
    My OS is Yosemite.

Is there any hope to solve this problem?

What about VMware 7 ? Does it work with bootcam ??

9. NidalQ

NidalQ Bit poster

Hello all,
    1. Boot Camp on 2015 Macs. New Macbooks are equipped with SSD that have 4-kb sectors. The older had 512-b sectors. Parallels doesn't handle this scenario and currently Development is working on this issue.
    2. Windows 10 in Boot Camp (not on 2015 Macs): http://kb.parallels.com/en/122808

Guys, sorry for inconvenience. Currently everybody is doing their best to resolve it.

Does this mean to wait the next update from Parallels for new 2015 Mac computers?????

penockio likes this.
  10. ghtop

ghtop Member

Well, the Parallels 11 features were already leaked accidentally by the Australian Parallels site (Google it). Most we know so far is that it has full Windows 10 support including always-on Cortana. So they've been busy making the new version rather than fixing the current one. This is obviously the problem with the annual upgrade cycle. At a certain point in the year, they shift their efforts to the new paid version.

So I conclude that it's highly likely that we'll need to wait for Parallels 11 and a new license to see this Boot Camp issue fixed with the 12-inch Macbooks (4 months later and counting!).

And the fact that the support drones here are STILL referring users to irrelevant KBs with maximum cluelessness is less than reassuring ...

penockio and NidalQ like this.
  11. ghtop

ghtop Member

Can someone from Support please confirm whether this has been fixed in Parallels 11? To ask the question again: is it possible to create a VM from a Boot Camp partition on the 12-inch Macbook 2015?

12. JamesF3

JamesF3 Bit poster

It is fixed in Parallels 11 for the 2015 Macbook Pro, which had the same problem in Parallels 10.

13. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi All, Please refer to this article to fix the issue.

14. ghtop

ghtop Member

I guess you didn't read the thread, or even the thread title.

15. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi all, this was a known issue and it has been addressed in the latest version of Parallels Desktop (i.e) Parallels Desktop 11. Please let us know if this issue persists on Parallels Desktop 11.