Customize Your Display Setting

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MichaielR, Sep 21, 2015.

1. MichaielR

MichaielR Junior Member

In Windows 10 using the latest Parallels 10 build (I think...I can't figure out where to identify it at, but it has not asked to update in a few weeks) the size of the application text and apps are too small at 100% on my Macbook Pro Mid 2012 running OS 10.10.5.
    When I got to Settings > Display and "grab" the slider to increase the size I can only move it to either the left (100%) or the right (125%). At 125% the size is way to big and the apps distort terribly. Is there a solution for this/
    thanks

2. MichaielR

MichaielR Junior Member

bump....anybody else have this problem?

3. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello MichaielR,
    Please try the steps mentioned below one by one.
    1) Mac's system preferences -> Displays. In resolution you need to change it from "Best for Retina" to Scaled (one item left from Best of Retina)
    2) Parallels Virtual Machine Configuration ( http://kb.parallels.com/en/117287 ) -> Hardware -> Video -> More space or Un-tick Retina support.
    3) Set scaling as 100% (default) in Guest OS: - Go to Start menu > Control Panel > Display - Set size of text and icons size as 100% (default) & then Restart Windows virtual machine to save these settings.

4. MichaielR

MichaielR Junior Member

Thanks for the reply...I do not have a Retina Display, but in System Preferences > Displays > I can choose "Scaled" instead of "Default for display". I do not have an option in Parallels for Video other than video memory.....

It does not look very good at the lower resolution...

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  5. Hi, please take a snapshot (Actions -> Take a snapshot)and then install new Windows Display driver using this link

6. MichaielR

MichaielR Junior Member

I took the snap shot and downloaded the file...it wants me to register AND purchase...is this legit software?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015