USB issues after OS X 10.11.2 update

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Wise87, Dec 12, 2015.

1. ThomasG7

ThomasG7 Bit poster

Hi Parallels Team,

I've been having severe issues with USB since the last Parallels update (a few days ago). I've contacted support but their solution has not helped so far (which was cloning the virtual machine and reinstalling Parallels tools).
    My issue is that my whole machine is crashing/rebooting as soon as I plug in my Xbox 360 controller. It was working perfectly fine before, now my whole iMac restarts when I either plug in the controller, or when it's plugged in and I start the Windows VM.
    I have a 2011 iMac, and Windows 10 installed. Nothing else changed in my system except that Parallels upgrade, since then it's screwed up. For OSX I have not upgraded to El Capitan yet, it's still Yosemite.

Please let me know how to deal with this, it's very frustrating.
    Thanks!!

2. jeanlamb

jeanlamb Bit poster

With the passage of time, technology is being so fast that we should update our systems daily to compete with the fast world.
    short terry cloth robe

3. 4ndrea R3

4ndrea R3 Bit poster

I'm sorry but USB problem still persist.

If I attach USB external Drive to my Mac after that Windows (7 or 8 or 10) is started there is no method to have my disk visible from my Mac (after detaching USB from OS Guest and also after stoppin VM)...

4. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

Please generate a Problem report ID as per http://kb.parallels.com/9058 and post it so that we can analyze it and assist you further.

5. ClydeN

ClydeN Bit poster

Interesting that nobody seems to recognize the problem with the USB ports in any of the hypervisors. The USB Ports work perfectly in El Capitan. The issue is only within any of the hypervisors. I've been experiencing problems with capturing any USB device (drives or my scanner) only in the Hypervisor. I've tried it with Parallels 11 and Virtualbox which has exactly the same problem with USB devices. I saw that Fusion customers are experiencing the same issues as well. Since I've already spent the money on Parallels, I didn't want to purchase Fusion just to see that it doesn't work there as well. This looks like an Apple problem but until companies such as Parallels starts working with Apple to first acknowledge that there is a problem, there will be no fix.

After moving back to Yosemite and Parallels 10, the usb devices all work perfectly. However, with the amount of malware and hacking today, this is not recommended for security reasons.

It is the hypervisors that run windows which make the Mac useful other than Adobe CS that run natively on the Mac. This has been broken for some time now. With no fix in sight, there is no choice but to return to the PC so that I can get some work done.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  6. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

This issue is because of the accessibility permission changes included in the latest version of Mac OS X 10.11. As we mentioned earlier, we have addressed it in the latest build and we will assist you further if ou confirm if the issue persists on the latest build too.

7. ClydeN

ClydeN Bit poster

Installed the latest Parallels 11 update on Mac OS X 10.11 and all usb devices are now working. Thank you very much for the update and the post.

8. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi all, subscribe this article for the updates.

9. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, please be informed that Parallels Desktop 11 Update 1 Hotfix 3 (11.1.3-32521) was released and the issue has been addressed. Please update Parallels Desktop to the latest build. Latest version always available here: http://www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd11/ Please note that Parallels Tools also needs to be updated (Actions > Update Parallels Tools) and let us know how it works. Thanks!

10. Add me to the List.
    I have tried 11.1.3-32521 fix
    report was sent
    Still no USB love

11. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi, could you please email us at cs@parallels.com with more info and Report ID number http://kb.parallels.com/9058 along with your contact number so that we will check it for you. Thanks!

12. Is there even a work around ?
    I'm going to have to buy a Win pc and Bail on Parallels if this takes much longer or is a common problem.
    Parallels was great, but if you can't use Win 10 what good is it. Not happy for weeks now

13. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi bii, please reproduce the issue and create a Problem Report for the virtual machine as described here http://kb.parallels.com/en/9058 and provide us with the Problem Report ID. We will check and provide you the solution. Thanks!

14. I have
    but here it is again # 92516732
    I get no error screens
    Just dead USB ports on the win10 side

15. I was able get my USB ports back. When I tried to clear my PRAM and SMC on my MBPr I got Locked in to the Recovery Mode. Not sure what happen but I will never try the Option-Command-P-R-ON/OFF again.
    I was forced to Let it reload EL Capitain.
    After the restart I had my USB port back. It's still the same version I was running. I still have to use my small 4port hub Plugged into my MacBook's USB port before it will see my device.
    On the Mac side I don't need to use the hub but the Win side I do.

16. RichardF3

RichardF3 Bit poster

Same problem. when I click on an a device in the "External Devices" panel it disappears. I have to quit Parallels and then reboot the MAC, restart Parallels then they re-appear. Have also tried suggesed fixed without success. Paralles 11 MAC El Capitan 11.2.o_O

17. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hi, This issue has been fixed in the latest build. Please check if you are running the latest build of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac.

18. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

You are welcome! Feel free to reach out anytime, we are here to help.

19. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hi, we need to investigate this issue deeper. Please email us at cs@parallels.com along with your contact number so that we will check it for you.

20. keep me on the List.
    This latest Build 11.1.3 does nothing for my problem,
    My devices does not dis appear when i click on it from the dropdown, my USB device is there and it stays there when clicked, But no Device is loaded into windows. NO LOVE.
    but heres my work around in desperation ,
    after i did the El Capitain reload from earlier i got my USB back in Win10, but when i reboot my macbook
    i lost my usb's again after the restart,
    so to test i did CONTROL-R on a reboot and forced the ElCapitain ReLoad with Fresh install again,
    Takes 1 Hour.
    I then got MY USB's back in Win10 i could go in and out of Windows and get USB's devices.
    But after another reboot
    NO USB's = NOLOVE