OS 10.11.2 / Parallels 11.1.2 / Windows 7 / Office for Windows 2016 Issues

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JoelCYYZ, Jan 3, 2016.

1. JoelCYYZ

JoelCYYZ Member

I was running OS 10.11.2 / Parallels11.1.2 / Windows 7 and Office for Windows 2010 and everything worked fine.

I wanted some of the newer features of Office for Windows 2016 so upgraded from 2010 to 2016 and now have a problem. The three key Office for Windows 2016 applications I use -- Excel, Outlook and Word -- freeze (i.e. the area above the menu bar read "Not Responding") forcing me into task manager to shut down the application. The freezing problem is so bad / frequent that the applications are unusable.

I would appreciate any insight / solutions people have to fix this problem.

Thanks!

2. Manu@Parallels

Manu@Parallels Guest

Hello JoelCYYZ,
    Please try reinstalling Parallels tools by following steps suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/4841 and let us know if the issue is resolved.

3. JoelCYYZ

JoelCYYZ Member

Manu:

I appreciate the response...I have reinstalled Parallels tools and it has largely but not completely solved my problem...though Excel, Outlook and Word no longer hang (which is good), Excel does not display a spreadsheet should I leave it open for an extended period (i.e. the Excel application remains open but the spreadsheet appears "blank", which is bad)...do you have any additional ideas?

Thanks,

Joel