Cloud drives are mapping in Windows EXCEPT OneDrive is missing

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by snsokstan, Mar 24, 2016.

1. snsokstan

snsokstan Member

I have Parallels 11 set to share cloud drives in the virtual machine. That's working fine except that OneDrive does not show up. I can see OneDrive if I go into the "home on Mac" and navigate to OneDrive. I would like it to map to a drive letter just like Google Drive and Dropbox, etc.

Mac OS X El Capitan within win 10 home running under Parallels 11.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  2. Manu@Parallels

Manu@Parallels Guest

Hello Snsokstan,
    If you are using Windows 10 virtual machine it comes with pre-installed OneDrive application, if you have an older version of Windows you may have to install the OneDrive app separately on your Windows virtual machine.
    To share Windows OneDrive folders with Mac OSX please refer to this Link.

3. snsokstan

snsokstan Member

I understand that. I have a very large OneDrive folder on the Mac machine. I wanted to avoid having it duplicated on the virtual Windows machine. If I use the built-in app, I would wind up using twice the hard drive space. That's why I wanted my Mac OneDrive to map to a Windows drive in the virtual machine.

Or am I thinking incorrectly about this?

4. Hello snsokstan,
    Sharing the folders/drives using the Parallels sharing options like the shared OneDrive, does not duplicate the files. They are just mirrored so that you can access it from the Windows Virtual Machine.

5. JobZ

JobZ Bit poster

Gents,
    I know there haven't been any updates on this post for a while, but the final answer still isn't clear to me;
    I'm running the OneDrive app on OSX and want to use the same files on W10. I want to prevent the data to be stored twice. I'm not always running parallels, so when I would share the OneDrive from W10 to OSX and I'm not currently running W10, would the files in OSX be up-to-date?

6. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @JobZ We would request you to share the All Disk on the virtual machine configuration(Open virtual machine configuration(http://kb.parallels.com/117287) and go to Option > Sharing > Share Folder > All Disk and also enable Shared Cloud option and check it helps. Thanks, Shathish

7. RohitM1

RohitM1 Bit poster

@Shathish, of course if all Folders are shared from Mac to Windows, the OneDrive folder can be accessed from Windows but not in the same way like other cloud services. I have a Pro version 13. what is unique about OneDrive for Business that it is supported by the Pro version but not the regular OneDrive Account ?

8. Ian L

Ian L Bit poster

Dear OP,
    This problem persists for me with Parallels 15. Have you figured out a solution?
    Thanks!

9. Ian L

Ian L Bit poster

Found working solution here:
    https://download.parallels.com/desktop/v12/docs/en_US/Parallels Desktop User's Guide/32922.htm