Left Right Mouse Pad Scrolling does not work when Excel Freeze Panes Active

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by SandyG1, Apr 6, 2016.

1. SandyG1

SandyG1 Member

Unable to scroll left or right when Freeze Panes is active in Excel. Can only scroll left right when no freeze pane is active or just the rows are frozen.
    Can vertical scroll with no problem.
    Submitted a ticket many months ago on this issue and still we have to suffer.......when will this be listed for a fix??????

2. SandyG1

SandyG1 Member

Anyone from Parallels like to comment. Watched a Kurt Schmuker, Senior Product Manager @ Parallels, discuss "Advanced development features in Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition". In his video he discusses that you guys have provided the ability to use Mac gestures in the windows environment. Not all gestures need to be able to scroll via trackpad in Excel when screen is frozen.....still not working in recent update. Any idea if this will ever be fixed?

3. DavidL18

DavidL18 Bit poster

Agreed, this is very annoying. What's the status on this? Or is it in a new version? If you tell me it's in the current version I'll upgrade.

4. Shayari

Shayari Bit poster

I am also facing the same problem. :(

5. SandyG1

SandyG1 Member

Recent update doesn't resolve the issue. Horizontal scrolling is ONLY possible when only rows are frozen. If columns are frozen, the horizontal scrolling with mouse pad does not work.
    Parallels - Please could you fix this

6. Sasti@Parallels

Sasti@Parallels Parallels Support

7. Robert Grether

Robert Grether Junior Member

I have experienced the same issue that horizontal scrolling is disabled when columns are frozen. Now, I have horizontal scrolling in other apps such as Edge, but no horizontal scrolling in Excel...until I open Task Manager (I don't have to force close Excel or any other application, just Cntl. Alt. Delete and then Escape, and it works)! What explains that??

Freeze panes still disables horizontal scrolling. I know this is not solving the issue of horizontal scrolling while panes are frozen, but perhaps it will help someone diagnose the issue.

8. CurtisK1

CurtisK1 Bit poster

Same issue even in 2018... Any suggestions?

9. CurtisK1

CurtisK1 Bit poster

If I reinstall parallels tools it works in excel split screen until I change tabs and it goes right back to having the same stupid problem.

10. ShayariG

ShayariG Bit poster

Thanks for all of your work and time. The information you provide on this Article has helped me greatly in blogging.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2020