missing pointer icon

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Android' started by AlcAm, Aug 10, 2015.

1. AlcAm

AlcAm Bit poster

After several years using the 2x rdp to my ancient windows XP desktop, the mouse pointer has now vanished.. This started several months ago.

Tried lots of options of the login, but none seem to bring it back

Sometimes whilst it logs in I can see one, then it vanishes.

The mouse works, u just have no idea where it is if course.

Any clue as to what is going on?

Android 4.2
    2xrdp 14.1.3379

Alun

2. cautruccg

cautruccg Bit poster

it is so strange to have such problem

3. DevlonI

DevlonI Bit poster

Hey, I just installed the evernote app a little while ago and was testing it out and noticed the missing cursor caret thing. It was really bothering me so I was trying to find a fix and ended up here. I gave up looking, but then I stumbled across a solution on accident and thought I would share.

It's not a perfect solution, but maybe this problem will be fixed in the next update.

I can get the caret to show up by tapping and holding in the white space at the end of any line.

Then, you can just drag the cursor to where you want it.

Hope that helps.

Also, regarding your first issue... I always like to leave blank lines at the end of my notes as well.

Again, this isn't an ideal solution, but I just ended up making a few blank lines and then adding a checklist box to the very end of the note.

I suppose just typing any random letter would work, though.

Here's to hoping they fix these issues soon!

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello, Parallels Remote Application Server v.15 Hotfix 5 was released and we would recommend you to update it on the main console and Android clients and let us know how it works. Thanks

5. FransK

FransK Bit poster

are you sure it's not because a the pointer goes into invisible mode momentarily ?
    if it's currently invisible and it get stuck there, application you used before those incident happen could be the reason.

could you give me suggestion regarding this site ? thanks in advance
    www.jualsewatanah.com

6. phant

phant Bit poster