Can't install Toolbox

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by drhornstein, Aug 18, 2016.

1. drhornstein

drhornstein Bit poster

I just upgraded to Parallels Desktop 12. During the installation of toolbox, I lost my internet connection. After regaining the connection, I started Parallels and it seems to work fine as does the virtual machine I'm using. When I go to Toolbox via the preferences menu and click install, the progress bar goes all the way to the end and stalls. Toolbox seems to be in the menubar, but when I click on it, nothing works and when I click the Folder icon it says that Toolbox Tools can't be found. When I then quit Parallels, it is unresponsive and I have to force quit. I restarted my computer and got the same result. Something needs to be cleaned up, but I don't know where to look. A search for Toolbox comes up empty.

2. MarkH14

MarkH14 Bit poster

Same (but without lost internet connection). Parallels toolbox tried to install but never completed. As drhornstein writes, the progress bar is 100%, need to force quit Parallels Desktop and no tools in Parallels Toolbox etc. Tried to install the tool box via preferences same result.

Silly me for upgrading so fast.

3. MikaelL2

MikaelL2 Bit poster

Same here, but also without lost internet. Installation just hangs at 100% but does not complete but can't be cancelled either. I get the menubar item but it won't work since the application isn't fully installed. Force quit and try again is a no go either. Oh well, I did not have this toolbox before, so I guess it isn't so important...

Update: tried quitting everything, restart computer, install toolbox again, it downloads up to 100% and then just sits there.

OS X 10.11.6. iMac 3,2GHz i5, 24 GB RAM

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  4. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

5. RobertY1

RobertY1 Bit poster

I uninstalled Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac by dragging the icon to the trash and restarting my Mac. After reinstall I still could not install Parallels Toolbox.
    I then downloaded Parallels Desktop Unstaller.app. When I ran it I got the message .The action "Run AppleScript" encountered an error.' I got the same error whether I was running from my personal account (administrator privileges are enabled), my main administrator account, or my "root" account. The system log shows the following when I get the error message: "Hertz-6 authexec[1250]: executing /System/Library/ScriptingAdditions/StandardAdditions.osax/Contents/MacOS/uid"

6. GrantKennedy

GrantKennedy Bit poster

Same problem here at Guna@parallels - followed your instruction without success. Can one roll back to version 11 until a patch is found please.

7. Will2

Will2 Bit poster

Ditto. Trying to load Parallels Toolbox, but "Installing..." never ends... Screen Shot 2016-08-21 at 11.16.03 AM.png

Running on iMac 4k. Upgraded from Parallels 11.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  8. MarkK4

MarkK4 Bit poster

Also having problems installing tool box after upgrading to version 12. It tells me no network connection which seems to be wrong because I can still use the browser to go on the web.

9. Guna@Parallels

The issue is under investigation by our devs. Meanwhile, try the steps below
    1. Quit Parallels Toolbox installation.
    2. Create a subfolder named "Parallels Toolbox Tools" under Applications folder.
    3. Start the installation of Parallels toolbox, the installation wizard will try to load Parallels Toolbox & may never end. However,you will have the applications installed under Parallels Toolbox Tools folder and you may stop the installation.

10. Guna@Parallels

Have u tried uninstalling & reinstalling Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac?

11. Guna@Parallels

The issue is reported to our development team & we are working on it.
    Yes,you may downgrade to Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac until a patch is found.

12. GrantKennedy

GrantKennedy Bit poster

@ Guna@Parallels - thanks.

I also tried the 'uninstalling & reinstalling Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac' twice with no joy.

13. Guna@Parallels

Dear @GrantKennedy
    This should help you out!
    1. Quit Parallels Toolbox installation.
    2. Create a subfolder named "Parallels Toolbox Tools" under Applications folder.
    3. Start the installation of Parallels toolbox, the installation wizard will try to load Parallels Toolbox & may never end. However,you will have the applications installed under Parallels Toolbox Tools folder and you may stop the installation.

14. GrantKennedy

GrantKennedy Bit poster

Guna@Parallels - Thanks I tried that without success. I wait till a fix.

15. Fastidious

Fastidious Junior Member

That worked for me. I uninstalled and reinstalled Parallels. I created the folder in Applications. I ran Toolbox install. It seemed to stall. I force quit Parallels Desktop to stop the process. When I opened the toolbox icon in the tool bar, it was all there. I then reopened Parallels. Thank you.

16. Guna@Parallels

Glad it worked! Feel free to reach us for further assistance.

17. Guna@Parallels

Hi All,
    We've released a Hotfix for Parallels Toolbox (1.0.1-221).
    To install the latest version of Parallels Toolbox, click on the Parallels Toolbox icon in the Mac menu > Check for Updates & download.
    Here is the list of issues addressed in the Hotfix for Parallels Toolbox (1.0.1-221)

18. Will2

Will2 Bit poster

Nice fixes, but none affect my problem.

Before anyone suggests, I am NOT going to reinstall Parallels or MacOS, reseat my memories, refresh my heat sink paste, or otherwise handle this problem myself.

19. AntonMac

AntonMac Bit poster

Where is russian forum? I can't install toolbox, no one solutions works for me. I bought a new problem, thank you.

20. KarlE1

KarlE1 Bit poster

Just updated to 12 and attempted to install Toolbox. Same problem as people above. My toolbox version is 1.0.1-221 so fixes haven't worked for me! Running OS X 10.11.6 El Cap. Did the hot fix work for anyone?