Any discount to switch from vmware to parallels?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by SoftoC, Sep 12, 2016.

1. SoftoC

SoftoC Bit poster

I used to found on some website a discount when you switch from vmware to parallels. Right now I found parallels 11 coupon 10% here and 50% off for the second copy of parallels desktop 12. So the question is there the same discount for version 12?

2. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hello @SoftoC
    Please check your private message and reply us!

3. DanielS11

DanielS11 Bit poster

Hi Dinesh, I want one too, i was a Paralles user in version 10, migrate to Fusion, but i want return to parallels to this new version in sierra mac !

4. ParallelsU45

ParallelsU45 Bit poster

I was looking for a similar discount. I was a Parallels user for versions 7 and 8 before switching to VMware. I've been unsatisfied with Fusion lately and was thinking of switching back to Parallels. I was hoping to sign up for the Pro Edition subscription at the upgrade price of $50/year, but I think I read somewhere that it only applies to current version 11 users. If true that's a shame -- doesn't seem fair to former users to ask them to pay twice as much every year going forward.

5. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi DanielS11,
    As you have mentioned that you were using Parallels Desktop 10, you can buy an upgrade to Parallels Desktop 12 which is already provided at a discount price similar to the discount for VMware users.

7. DenisI

DenisI Bit poster

Hi!
    I was parallels 8 user and now fusion user. I would like to go to new parallels, if possible with discount.
    Tnx,
    Denis

8. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hello @DenisI ,

9. MaikJ

MaikJ Bit poster

I was also using Parellels at version 5,6 and 8. Then switched to fusion because of compatibility reasons with some vms from my business. But the performance ist terrible, I would also really preffer such an offer. Like the "switch to Fusion" offer from VMware.

10. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Please check your private message and reply us if any concern!

11. JoseG5

JoseG5 Bit poster

I currently use VMware Fusion 8.5, but I have been using VMware since version 4.x, but currently I am very unhappy because of the performance that is terrible. I would like to know if there is any discount to switch from vmware to parallels? Thank you!

12. Hey, we cannot share some information in public thread, but please check your inbox for more info about your question.

13. RazorR

RazorR Bit poster

Hello,

I would also like to switch from Vmware fusion pro to parallels. Can you please send me the cross grade info?

Thank you

14. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have shared the offer details in a private message. Check and let us know.

15. JackD1

JackD1 Bit poster

Hi,
    I'd also like to switch to Parallels from VMWare Fusion. Is there any discount available?

Thanks!

16. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @JackD1
    Thanks for your interest! We've shared the discount information in private message. Please check and get back to us.

17. JeffL4

JeffL4 Bit poster

Hi all,

I'm having a similar experience with vmware 8. Using it for windows dev stuff and it's gotten painfully slow. Tried out the parallels 12 trial and it seems to be much faster...can I get a similar discount? Thanks!

18. Hi, we will provide you with more information about it via the private message. Please check it and reply
    Thank a lot for understanding

19. DonaldF1

DonaldF1 Bit poster

Hi,
    I can not take the slow speeds of VM Fusion 8.5 (latest), just installed the Parallels trial on 2 computers and there is a great very noticeable speed boost in parallels.
    Is there any discounts coming from Fusion to parallels ? I need 2 licenses as I have Fusion on 2 computers (VM allows up to 3).
    Thank You!

20. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi DonaldF1, please check your private message and reply us.