Memory issue (running Bluestacks inside of windows)

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by UlyssesL, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Tre

Tre Bit poster

I´ve tried this and this didn´t worked for me.
    I reduced Memory for the guest OS to 2GB (Win10 from ur Link)
    i reduced graphic memory in guest OS to 256MB
    nothing worked for me, after a while the whole OSX got the memory issue

here is my activity log (screeshot ist with 4GB memory and 512MB graphic memory)
    but my changes above didnt worked.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

after this I got the memory issue, what ist the reserved memory thing in activity log ?
    reserved memory goes higher and higher and then the system freeze

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  2. Andrew9

Andrew9 Bit poster

Hi,

I'm sorry that this isn't working for you yet, trust me I know how frustrating it is.

The only difference I see in your settings are your video graphics memory. I only have it at 128 MB, so maybe that's causing the issue.
    I'm currently allocating 3 GB to the guest OS, and my activity monitor pretty steadily looks like:
    Screen Shot 2015-11-12 at 6.29.23 AM.png
    I'm sorry if this isn't working for you, I honestly don't know what I did to get it working. It wasn't working for me for the longest time either.

3. Tre

Tre Bit poster

can u do some screenshots: parallels desktop settings, especially the ram and graphic card settings, then some settings of windows 10 mashine ? especially the resolution and scaling options.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Thats what i Like to see

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  4. RichardT2

RichardT2 Bit poster

Has anyone managed to find a solution for this yet?
    2015 MacBook Pro 13"
    16Gb RAM
    512Gb SSD

Running Parallels 11 with Windows 10 and then Bluestacks App Player on it causes the system memory to be eaten up in around 30-40 seconds and the Mac then crashes with an "Out of application memory" error.

5. annie1

annie1 Bit poster

Dear Parallels Support, does there any change or solution for this problem? It is a pity that I cannot use Bluestacks 2 in Parallels now (same problem here : can only start bluestacks for around 5 mins). Though there is MAC version for Bluestacks, some significant tools (like key mapping) in WIN version cannot be used.

Parallels version: 11
    Bluestacks: 2
    MacBook Air 13"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. DustinHullett

DustinHullett Product Expert

have you guys tried enabling nested virtulization in your VM's while running the Emulator? I just tried it and had no issues at all once i enable nested Virtulization via the configuration menu although i didnt run it very long i was just testing for the crash to see if i could help. I let it run maybe 15 min. I use the mac version

7. annie1

annie1 Bit poster

First of all, thank you very much for testing VM and BS for us! It is a great news to hear for solution. Yet, I could not find out the button of nested virtualization in my VM and searched online for the problem. I find it seems that nested virtualization only supports win8 or above but I used win 7 for my VM. Is it true for this information? Do there any other way for enabling nested virtualization in win 7, or sort of other solutions replacing this option?

[​IMG]

Second, I think I should give more details about my problem. I tried to disable the real time virtual disk optimization, and change the graphic memory from 1024 MB to 256 MB for better performance of VM. I noticed that BS did not run out of order if it is kept running at the backstage or not opening a game (after 15 minutes still ok). But when I started a game, after playing for around 5 - 10 minutes, it popped out a message box saying that the memory is running out, both parallels desktop and BS stopped and the screen "freezed" (I have tried for 3 to 5 times, ended up rebooting the MAC).

Then I started to change the setting of VM, I tried to disable the vertical synchronization (the button I found in Graphics but I don't know it is useful or not) and changed the 3D acceleration from Direct X10 to Direct X9 (disable this button will cause unsuccessful loading of BS / a long long loading) to see if it becomes better. The results were that the game ran longer (15 minutes more or less) but the message box still popped out when I continue to play (this time only the parallels desktop stopped, BS was still running...) I have not tried to enable the vertical synchronization and select Direct X9 together (rebooting for so many times is horrible :( ).

I did not know whether it is the problem of configuration of VM, or the problem of BS, or just because of the game (it is a RPG game that player can control the movement of the characters by touching and moving fingers on the screen). Before and after I change my laptop to MAC, I have used WIN version and MAC version of BS for the same game, they are totally alright (the only drawback is that MAC version of BS cannot use the key mapping).

It is great if you can give some suggestions to my situation; otherwise, I may need to give up using BS in VM. Thank you!

8. DustinHullett

DustinHullett Product Expert

There is nested virtualization in windows 7 because I use it. You have to go to the hardware tab and then CPU and memory and click the advanced arrow to show advanced options. It may be only available in the pro edition though. I don't have a standard edition license to test

9. annie1

annie1 Bit poster

[​IMG]
    It seems that it is not available for MAC BK AIR :(

MacBook Air 13" (EARLY 2015)
    1.6 GHz i5
    VM: window 7

10. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi annie1,
    Nested Virtualization is available in Parallels Desktop Pro and Business Subscription Editions. It is not available in latest Standard Editions. Nested Virtualization enables you to run a VM inside a VM like running VMWare inside a Parallels Desktop VM. Similar to that you are trying to use Bluestacks which is Andriod emulator which needs nested virtualization support.

11. laizhenkun

laizhenkun Bit poster

Today I followed this topic to buy pd 12 pro version.
    BlueStack running in windows still buggy.

Out of memory crashes...

Tried with win7 x64 and win 10 x64 with Nested Virtualization switched on.