Issues With Keyboard Lag / Dropped Keystrokes

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Simon0, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Hey, could you please create a problem report (Help -> Send technical data) and post here the report number.

2. Simon0

Simon0 Junior Member

@Maria@Parallels, report 134494369 has been filed with this data capture. Please let me know ASAP on this issue and how it can be resolved. Thanks

3. Simon0

Simon0 Junior Member

@Maria@Parallels any update with regards to the data I sent up in the report above ? Hoping this issue can be isolated and fixed. Thanks

4. Simon0

Simon0 Junior Member

@Maria@Parallels I still have not seen any update on this issue, can you please help get this issue resolved as it is still present and causing problems
    Thanks

5. Sorry for the delay, plz try to upgrade your Parallels Desktop 12 to the latest build and check.

6. Simon0

Simon0 Junior Member

@Maria@Parallels Unfortunately the same issue still persists. Please let me know what else you need to resolve this issue ASAP as this is getting extremely frustrating. Thanks

7. Simon0

Simon0 Junior Member

@Maria@Parallels I still see this issue can we please get this fixed ?

8. Simon0

Simon0 Junior Member

@Maria@Parallels I still have not heard anything back on this and the issue continues. Please do let me know the latest on this and when we can expect a bug fix or usable workaround.

Thanks

9. Simon0

Simon0 Junior Member

@Maria@Parallels even on the latest update this issue still exists ! This is making Parallels unusable for me where I have to resort to typing whatever I need in Windows 10 (Parallels VM) on the native Mac first then copying and pasting into the VM, this is ridiculous. Please do get back to me with a fix/workaround/request for more data so this can be resolved ASAP.

10. Tom_Lawson

Tom_Lawson Bit poster

If this keyboard lag issue is not addressed, I am left with no choice other than working toward abandoning Parallels in favor of another VM product. The keyboard always defaults to the PS/2 Device Driver in Windows. The lag time on keystroke is maddening if you are trying to type quickly. Dropped keystrokes are unavoidable. I cannot get Windows Device Manager to default to the HID keyboard instead of the PS/2 device driver (and I do not know if this would actually address the issue). I am running the latest Parallels Desktop 13 on a new Macbook Pro 15 (2017 model). All related software and drivers (from MacOS to Parallels to Windows 10) are updated and current. Any advice or help would be great.

11. ParallelsU153

ParallelsU153 Bit poster

hey guys.. if you fixed it in 12, i can tell you that it's back in verison 14 with a vengence. Parallels is virtually unusable at this point with my machine.