Chrome doesn't display any pages in Sierra

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by MarkY2, Nov 1, 2016.

1. MarkY2

MarkY2 Bit poster

I am running a Sierra VM on my MacPro, and it's running Sierra as well.

It's fairly slow, and Chrome doesn't display webpages correctly. Safari seems to work fine (but slow).

I have given the VM 4 CPU's and 32GB ram with 128GB Vram.

ANyone else seeing this?

2. Hello MarkY2, please try to clear all the cookies and history in your Chrome browser and check if that makes any changes.

3. If the above steps doesn't work then try to uninstall and reinstall Chrome browser and check how it works.

4. MarkY2

MarkY2 Bit poster

I have done both these things before I contacted you, and neither helped. I even did it a second time just now, and same issue.

5. Hello MarkY2, do you find any trouble in using Chrome browser with your host macOS Sierra?

6. MarkY2

MarkY2 Bit poster

My host OS of Sierra works fine.

7. DamonU

DamonU Bit poster

Running Parallels Version: 12.0.2
    macOS: 10.10.5 & 10.11.6
    Google Chrome: 54.0.2840.87

Two people in the office are having the same issue as reported by MarkY2. We are seeing the Google Chrome with blank pages (DOM tree seems to be reasonable) in both Yosemite and Sierra.

Updated:
    MacBook Air (Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB): Has Issue
    MacBook Air (Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB): Has Issue
    iMac (Late 2014): Does not have the issue

Maybe it is specific to the graphics chipset...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  8. MarkY2

MarkY2 Bit poster

I tried a brand new VM with a clean install and am having the same issue still.

Can we get some help?

9. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hey guys,
    Did you disable 3D acceleration and checked the behaviour?

ErikaN likes this.
  10. DamonU

DamonU Bit poster

I can't find an option for 3-D acceleration when the guest OS is macOS. Could you please tell me where this option is?

11. MarkY2

MarkY2 Bit poster

I too cannot find that option. I tried adjusting "better performance" and "longer battery life" but it made no difference.
    Also, selecting the hypervisor made no difference.

We are running macs, and virtualizing OS X on them, not windows.

12. DamonU

DamonU Bit poster

Update version 12.1.1 did not fix the issue.

13. NigelC1

NigelC1 Bit poster

Guys, I have just paid to upgrade to version 12.1.1 from 11. and it has stopped me being able to use chrome on windows 7 and has pretty much ruined graphics on even the Internet Explorer, plus it refuses to connect to google on windows 7. I have a MAC running Sierra latest update. (yes i have removed the windows Chrome and re-installed it and yes I have shut down the MAC and re-started it.)
    What have Parallels changed that has mucked everything up. 11 worked fine but now there are a host of web connectivity issues, and anything web-based is like it is in treacle.

14. Guys, could you please send us detailed step-by-step instructions in order to reproduce the issue on our site.
    And also please generate the problem report using this KB, plz send report ID in your reply.

15. daa...

daa... Bit poster

16. SamB5

SamB5 Bit poster

Hi, there is a high probability that it is a virus.

17. SamB5

SamB5 Bit poster

18. daa...

daa... Bit poster

Anyone? Parallels?

19. BenJ2

BenJ2 Bit poster

Not sure if anyone is still reading this thread, but it's actually a setting in Chrome, not Parallels. At least, that's what fixed this same issue for me. In Chrome settings, expand the Advanced settings section and it's right at the bottom of the page: "Use hardware acceleration when available"

LarryG3 likes this.
  20. SamG1

SamG1 Bit poster

same issue here, google chrome on Parallels 12.2.0 Business Edition, running Sierra 10.12.4 clean install, with a clean install of Chrome, no graphics and pages are nearly blank or improperly load.

But on the main client OS/Mac Chrome is fine without issues.