"Network connection lost when trying to install Windows 10 development

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JustinE3, Feb 11, 2017.

1. JustinE3

JustinE3 Bit poster

I just paid for the Parallels Desktop 12 Pro subscription and then went to install a new virtual machine, the evaluation of Windows 10 development...

Immediately the download progress says 0 and there's a message under it saying "Network connection lost". I try to refresh it or restart parallels but it just jumps right back to the same thing. Has anyone experienced this? How do I solve it? Thanks!

2. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hello Justin, please try this article and keep us posted.

3. JustinE3

JustinE3 Bit poster

Thank you, but another representative provided me with the direct download link from Microsoft for the technical/dev evaluation of Win 10, which sidesteps this problem, and I don't have time to troubleshoot it right now, especially since it's not very simple to port map on my router to a computer which has a DHCP-assigned, dynamic IP.

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Dear Justin, have this fixed? Please let us know if you have any questions, we are here to help!

5. JustinE3

JustinE3 Bit poster

Thank you for offering, but as I said, I don't have time to follow the recommended instructions and they gave me a workaround by giving me a direct link to download a ready-to-go virtual machine from Microsoft for a technical preview with VS already included.

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are happy to hear that you are able to use Microsoft Developer VM. You can also use this link to download any Microsoft VM's.