Coherence Mode Gray-out for paralles 12 in Mac OS Sierra

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Letian', Mar 25, 2017.

1. Letian'

Letian' Bit poster

I had paralles 12 in my mac. But, the coherence mode had never worked since I install it. It grays out. I searched any possible solution in web and this forum. Does not work. First, do not tell me to 'Repair disk permission' for my Mac. Please notice that in Sierra, there is no such option in the dick window. ('Beginning with OS X El Capitan, system file permissions are automatically protected. It's no longer necessary to verify or repair permissions with Disk Utility.' from Apple. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201560 ). Second, I try to install it twice, which did not work. Also, please do not reply with something like 'please search some earlier post or some unclear solution, which really not make senses to customer. Thank you.

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We suggest you to make sure you are not in any other view mode. If you are in other view mode then you can exit and try entering coherence. If you still have issues, try reinstalling Parallels Tools.

3. HallS

HallS Junior Member

There has been (3) updates to Parallels 12 (I believe) and with each one, something breaks on my system and I'm not able to use Coherence. I have followed the various KBs articles (making sure the right video adapter exists, etc) as well as re-installing Parallels Tools with no success. I have to re-install v12.1.1 (41491) and then manually install something .... sorry, can't remember the specifics now .... to get it working again. At this point, Parallels tells me every once in a while that there's an update and I just click "later". I don't have time to mess with it anymore.

ShermanH likes this.
  4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, please send a problem report (menu Parallels Desktop -> Help -> Send a technical data) and post here its number
    Bytheway, the recommended way to install Tools is to choose in menu of Parallels Desktop -> Actions -> Install parallels tools

5. ShermanH

ShermanH Bit poster

I have the same experience as @RealzymeL ... Parallels has proven unreliable over time with respect to supporting coherence. My experience is coherence has proven unreliable. I dread the updates, particularly the version updates and deferred moving from V11 to V12 for this very reason.

This latest update has caused my system to display coherence in gray. That includes a floating gray box for apps (Quicken, IE) and when I click on the Windows icon in the task bar ( upload_2017-4-2_6-53-15.png ).

I have updated Parallels tools several times and it has not made a difference.
    My technical report number is: 169108273

Attached Files: