Win 10 guest - Visual Studio 2015 Refresh views on save

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ForbesH, Sep 6, 2016.

1. ForbesH

ForbesH Bit poster

Is it possible that the update to PD12 has somehow affected Visual Studio's ability to "watch" directories within the \\Mac share? Since upgrading to Parallels Desktop 12, Asp.Net MVC views are not always refreshed in the browser after they have been saved during a debugging session. Saving several times sometimes causes the view to refresh, but usually I need to restart the debugging session. The MVC project is saved via a drive mapped to the parallels \\Mac share.

2. MarkB12

MarkB12 Bit poster

I'm also experiencing this exact same issue. Any news, ideas?

Thanks
    Mark

3. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @ForbesH , please click Actions > Configure > Options > Sharing and make sure that "All Disks" is selected in the first drop down. Please reinstall Parallels Tools by Actions > Reinstall Parallels Tools and let us know if this makes any changes.

4. MarkB12

MarkB12 Bit poster

Sorry I already had this setting and have reinstalled Parallels tool and the issue still exists and I have now found the issue so bad I've resorted to using my Windows laptop again. It's a serious Visual Studio 2017 developer debugging problem for me a slows me down far too much.

A fix ASAP would be really appreciated.

5. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @MarkB12 , please help us with the screen shots of the error message, so that we can check and assist you further.

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @MarkB12, please be informed that the update for Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac 12.2.1 (41615) addresses this issue. Parallels strongly recommend keeping your copy of Parallels Desktop up-to-date. To download the latest update go to Parallels Desktop menu > Check for Updates

7. DeepakarR

DeepakarR Bit poster

I am using parallels Desktop 13 for Mac and have the same issue - please let me know the resolution at the earliest.

Thanks in advance.