Creator's Update and Keyboard problem

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by KreelaM, Jun 1, 2017.

1. KreelaM

KreelaM Bit poster

I suspect Parallels Desktop Tools need to be updated for Creator's Update, and the next September update. After installing the new update, I have tried reinstalling Parallels Tools 3 times, following the troubleshooting steps and removing the registry keys, temp files, and program files. Each time I can only use the keys in the Edge browser or Powershell but not on the start menu. I used Cortana to open Edge. The start menu blinks a few times before opening with the mouse. I am going to try a powershell fix next, but it should not be this difficult. I recommended Parallels to 2 companies based on Windows 7 stability.

Windows 10 changes too frequently and parallels Toolbox should be updated to match.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @KreelaM, please follow the steps in the article given below

1. Press Win + R (to open Run )
    2. Copy and paste "C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe" then press enter, it brings back the language bar 3. After executing the run command, proceed to these steps-
    3. Navigate to the folder C:\Windows\System32
    4. Locate ctfmon (Application)
    5. Right-click > Send to > Desktop (Create shortcut)
    6. Open run > type ' shell:startup ' (without quotes)
    7. Drag & drop the ctfmon shortcut placed in the Desktop to the Startup folder.

3. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi KreelaM, we have received your response over e-mail, as quoted below:
    ----------------------------------
    Thank you; I will try that.

Kreela
    ----------------------------------
    Let us know if you are still facing the issue after following the steps to check and assist you further.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2017
  4. steph1

steph1 Bit poster

I have the same problem and tried this - on re-starting I had terrible problems, firstly with a message saying it couldn't load.
    I couldn't start explorer or run as they kept crashing, nor could I access the bottom menu.
    After several restarts I managed to get a semi-stable version and removed the shortcut from the startup folder.
    So I'm back to where I started. Please can you advise.

5. Craig Strickland

Craig Strickland Bit poster

All sorts of problems for me in the past few weeks:

No keyboard in various parts of Windows 10, ctfmon fixes it.
    Profile corrupt and had to recreate it.
    Windows start button very slow to respond.
    Windows explorer constantly crashing.