Local Area Connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Ulrichv, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Ulrichv

Ulrichv Bit poster

Overnight some settings must have changed - getting no Internet anymore with error 'Local Area Connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration'. Tried to reset network adapter. IP4 and 6 are set to dynamic DNS. Nothing helps. Any ideas?

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @Ulrichv , please open the command prompt on your Windows virtual machine , run as Administrator and execute the below commands
    netsh winsock reset
    netsh int ip reset
    ipconfig /flushdns
    and restart the virtual machine and check if that works.

3. Ulrichv

Ulrichv Bit poster

Hi Arun, thanks for your swift response. Unfortunately it did not help. Still not connected to the Internet.

Attached Files:

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi Ulrichv,
    We suggest you try switching to bridged mode or shared mode then check.

5. Ulrichv

Ulrichv Bit poster

Tried shared mode, no connection. Can't select bridged network, it is greyed out for me. Funny that Wifi used to work for years. It should continue to work as before, no?

Attached Files:

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

You have to select any one of the options given under bridged mode to change the network mode.

7. Ulrichv

Ulrichv Bit poster

Selected WiFi - advanced options - Use generated MAC address. That fixed it. Thanks for looking into the issue. It is now resolved.

Attached Files:

asocial-duck and AaronJ6 like this.
  8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad to see that the issue is resolved after selecting Bridged Mode - WiFi and changing the MAC address. Feel free to contact us anytime for support.

AaronJ6 likes this.
  9. asocial-duck

asocial-duck Bit poster

Thank you so much, this solution fixed my problem in 2022 :)

10. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Hello, please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thanks.

11. CorneliusH1

CorneliusH1 Bit poster

I have a similar problem. When I use bridged mode I get a autogenerated IP address (it doesn't take my manual configuration of 192.168.1.1), but then I have access to some network controllers I am trying to work with (that are windows only). When I choose any of the other connection types I get the correct IP address of 192.168.1.1, but no connection. Editing the MAC address does nothing. Please advise. I need this for work, otherwise I don't need parallels.