Cannot boot macOS Sierra Guest in Parallels 12.2 of macOS 10.12.5

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by viola, Jun 18, 2017.

1. viola

viola Hunter

I'm having the hardest time trying to make Sierra 10.12.5 boot on Parallels 12.2.0 (41591). I've attempted to install a fresh copy of the operating system and even convert an existing VMware Sierra installation and all of them fail in the same fashion:
    Click to see a video of the boot failing
    Screenshot of the failed boot:
    [​IMG]

As for making the ISO, I followed the steps here from StackExchange. As for booting the previously created VMware guest machine of 10.12 Sierra, I converted it via `prl_convert path/to/vm/macOS\ Sierra.vmdk --allow-no-os` and then made a new Guest in Parallels and set its hard drive to the path of the .hdd file that was created.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @ylon, we are unable to see the screenshot that is attached to the thread. Please help us with the screenshot (.jpg) of the error message, we will check and assist you further.

3. viola

viola Hunter

I have tested the screenshot and video and they both appear just fine and others are able to view them without issue. Let me try another way as well. Here is a link to Imgur.com: http://imgur.com/VNVbylo

The video essentially has the same content of it starting up and getting to this screen.

4. rkulikov

rkulikov Parallels Developers

You don't need to create ISO image manually to install OS X into guest. Just start Parallels Wizard (app menu -> File -> New), select "Install Windows or another OS from a DVD or image file", select "Install Sierra.app" and continue as it will be suggested.

5. viola

viola Hunter

Very interesting @rkulikov this is actually working here. I thought I had already tried it, but it must have been from the emergency recovery disk instead the first time, which isn't functional on this particular Mac due to the OS being cloned to another drive. Thanks for the heads up!