Google drive and .pvm

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by edwinj, Jun 18, 2017.

1. edwinj

edwinj Bit poster

Hello,
    My Windows 10.pvm file is pretty large, is it possible to move it to Google drive and let it work from there?, it will save a lot of space on my mac.
    A simple copy and paste won't do the trick i am afraid, so what is the procedure?.. If it is possible of course, it is only a drive, with no cpu on it...

Imac 2010, parallels desktop 12

Ed

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @edwinj, yes! It is possible to move the .pvm into the google drive(or iCloud or Network storage). Simple copy and paste are enough. But the transfer speed must be good.

3. edwinj

edwinj Bit poster

Thanks! Just as simple as i thought... So transfer speed could be a problem, it is a large file indeed.. Compressing it into a zip file would that help?

Ed

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @edwinj , please check this article and let us know if this helps.

5. edwinj

edwinj Bit poster

Thanks!

That will help yes. I will do that, but for now i need to keep windows running, so this is something for the weekend...

Ed

6. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @edwinj , you are welcome. Please reach us anytime for further assistance.

7. edwinj

edwinj Bit poster

Another thought..., run the .pvm file in a virtual private server, vps. Is that possible?

Ed

8. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @edwinj, we have a Parallels Remote Application Server for it. I hope this blog post will help!