Parallels Update

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JonathanS8, Jul 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. JonathanS8

JonathanS8 Bit poster

I stupidly agreed to the Parallels update and now cannot access coherence mode and the fonts are all fuzzy on the one screen I have - down from 3 that I used pre update. Has anyone else had this problem? It seems ridiculous that a so called "update" is released without adequate testing - I have lost 2 hours so far trying to get it fixed and guess I will need to pay another $20 to book a call with a technician.

2. JonathanS8

JonathanS8 Bit poster

In addition the update has made it so I cannot access the previous files on the desktop or any other file in explorer - I am now unable to do any work at all.

3. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @JonathanS8, it seems you have not updated Parallels Tools in the newest build of Parallels Desktop. Parallels strongly recommend keeping your copy of Parallels Desktop up-to-date. You may check out the update summary of Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac in this article and keep us posted the results.

4. JonathanS8

JonathanS8 Bit poster

Are you kidding - the upgrade has destroyed my computer - it worked fine before the upgrade and now no aspect of windows works - I cannot even open any windows program - these sort of meaningless "motherhood" statements add no value. So far I have lost a days wok and spent last 50 minutes trying to communicate to one of your technicians that cannot even have the curtosey of calling me at the allocated time then claims my phone doesn't work.

5. JonathanS8

JonathanS8 Bit poster

To be clear again - its the upgrade that has destroyed my computer

6. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @JonathanS8 , do you get any error message which opening Windows programs. If yes, please help us with the screenshots.