Difference between Pro and Business versions?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DamienB2, Jul 27, 2017.

1. DamienB2

DamienB2 Member

Hi,
    I currently have a subscription for a single licence of Parallels Desktop Pro.
    I need to add another licence, potentially two. I do use Parallels for business use primarily. Is there any benefit to changing to the Business version? Is the software any different to the Pro? Does it cost any more or is there any financial benefits to be being on the Business version when you have multiple licences?
    Thanks,
    Damien

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @DamienB2.
    Not unless you need to use Parallels Desktop on numerous Mac machines at a time.
    Near the bottom of this page are listed the differences between the Pro and Business editions, if that's what you're asking about.
    There's no difference cost-wise if you switch to the Business edition - each host purchased on a business license costs as much as a full license.

3. DamienB2

DamienB2 Member

Yes this would be on multiple machines. At least two separate Macs, and possibly a third Mac. So maybe business is the way to go for me then.
    The current licence I use on my Macbook Pro but I am looking at buying a secondary/travel/backup 12" Macbook. I will go for the custom top spec, 1.4Ghz processor, 16GB RAM.
    The other Mac I may possibly install Parallels on is another 12" Macbook from last year. 1.2Ghz processor and 8GB RAM.
    These 12" Macbooks, have you done any testing with them? Do they run Parallels OK? I would just be looking to setup a Win10 VM on each of them.

4. DamienB2

DamienB2 Member

OK. I have taken the plunge and added 2 more licences to my subscription.
    From within my account, I have created the Business. How can I change my pro licences over to Business?

5. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Given their rather high specs, the said Mac's should, in principle, handle Windows 10 pretty well.
    It is not possible to change the edition of a license. You may simply purchase Business edition license keys next year after the licenses that you currently have expire (just ensure that auto-renewal is disabled for your existing licenses).