Migrated to new computer will Parallels Desktop 10 still work?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JasonS7, Aug 11, 2017.

1. JasonS7

JasonS7 Junior Member

I had Parallels Desktop 10 on my old mac and recently had to by a new mac which runs OS Sierra. From what the support sights say 10 will still work with Sierra but you can't install a new virtual machine. I was wondering if it would still work on my new mac since I migrated everything over from my old mac?

I know the best thing would be to go buy 12 but I don't have that money to spend at the moment.

Any ideas?

2. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

3. JasonS7

JasonS7 Junior Member

I've read that and was asking for clarification as to whether the migration to a new computer running Sierra would be considered a "new" installation as the program wants me to input my product code and all.

4. JasonS7

JasonS7 Junior Member

I've read that and was asking for clarification as to whether the migration to a new computer running Sierra would be considered a "new" installation as the program wants me to input my product code and all.

5. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @JasonS7 , yes it would be considered as a different platform by some applications which might require a license key reset from the respective teams.

6. JasonS7

JasonS7 Junior Member

Does "new platform" mean the same as new install?

I still have it on my old mac and its really to use just a small handful of programs. I just don't want to try and deactivate the key on the old mac to try it on the new mac just to find it doesn't work and then have it screw up something on the old one.

If I deactivate the key on the old mac and try it on the new one can I easily put it back to the old one without loosing the setup on the old one?

7. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

If you are unable to use Parallels Desktop 10 key on the new Mac then you can reactivate it on the old Mac.