Parallel Desktop 11 - Deactivate/Activate between 2 Macs

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Keith4, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Keith4

Keith4 Bit poster

My understanding is I can deactivate Parallels Desktop 11 on one Mac by signing out of my account on that Mac. Then, I can activate it on another Mac. This complies with the EULA to run Parallels on one computer at a time.

My question is, if I do the above between Macs (Desktop and Laptop) daily or periodically will my single license activation key eventually run out of activations and need to be reset?

2. Keith4

Keith4 Bit poster

I believe I have the answer to my question.

I can install Parallels Desktop 11 (single license) on two Macs, BUT I can only have it active on one Mac. And, if I want to go back and forth between the 2 Macs (desktop, laptop) I need to deactivate it on 1 Mac (sign out of account) and activate it on the 2nd Mac (sign into account and activate with license key). At some point I will get the message of activation limit exceeded. When I do, I can call support (888-811-2489, option 3) and have my license key reset.

If the above is NOT the case, please let me know what the process is to use my 1 license between 2 Macs.

3. Dhana@Parallels

Dhana@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Keith4,
    Yes, you are right. According to the Parallels End User License Agreement, one copy of the Software to be activated by a single license key on a single computer.
    If you would like to run Parallels Desktop on second Mac, you will have to purchase another license.
    However, if there are chances that you might not need Parallels Desktop to be activate on both computers at same time, you can deactivate the license from first computer & activate it on second computer.
    Like you mentioned, you can reach our support representatives if there is any issue with activation and we will more than happy to help you.
    Thanks.

4. David28

David28 Bit poster

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We found that you only have Parallels Desktop 10 which doesn't have an option to sign out only the versions which got released after Parallels Desktop 11 has it. We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

6. David28

David28 Bit poster

Thank you!

7. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Feel free to reach us anytime for support.