Windows 7 64 bit, correct ISO file?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by LeonardW1, Oct 6, 2017.

1. LeonardW1

LeonardW1 Bit poster

I currently am running the latest 32 bit version of Windows 7, under the latest update of Parallels Desktop 13.
    I want to install the 64 bit version of Windows 7. I know that there is no direct upgrade path, and it must be a clean install. Years ago, I had purchased my Windows 7 Upgrade from Amazon.com. I went to the Microsoft Support site for Windows, and downloaded the only Windows 7 iso file, that I saw, don't know if it was 64 bit or 32 bit. I dragged the downloaded iso file from the Windows Download folder, onto the Mac Desktop. I used the Parallels Desktop procedure to install a new virtual machine from an iso file. Parallels Desktop didn't recognize the iso file as a valid OS file. I suspect that I didn't download the correct iso file. Which Windows 7 iso file in the long list, should I select? The Microsoft Support site link to talk to a Live Person, was a bad link. Anything else that I am doing wrong? :)

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi LeonardW1,
    Use this link to download Windows 7 ISO from Microsoft website. Refer to this article to create a new virtual machine. If you face any issue, feel free to reach us for support.

3. WeijiaW1

WeijiaW1 Bit poster

Hi Ajith,

Is there still a place to download Windows 7 iso? Seems that Microsoft has stopped supporting Windows 7.