iCloud Drive missing folders

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by RonaldF1, Nov 1, 2017.

1. RonaldF1

RonaldF1 Junior Member

since last update to Parallel 13 for Mac, when showing the iCloud Drive "drive" under Windows XP or Windows 10, some folder vanished although they are present on the Mac side.
    Remaining are the manually created folders, missing are the system folders created by apple like "numbers", "page", "textedit" etc....
    These folders were visible in Parallel 12.

2. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello RonaldF1, please click on Actions(On the Mac menu bar) > Install Parallels Tools and check if this works. To know more please refer this article Thanks!

3. RonaldF1

RonaldF1 Junior Member

done but no change !!

4. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Make sure that the sharing is enabled for the iCloud folder in Windows virtual machine. To enable it, please click on two red lines (On the Mac menu bar) > Configure > Options > Sharing > Share Mac > Enable the iCloud Drive with Windows and see if this helps. Thanks!

[​IMG]

5. RonaldF1

RonaldF1 Junior Member

Sure it is, see screen capture. As I said, the drive is accessible but not ALL folders are listed. Missing are the Apple folders like "pages", "keynotes" etc... but the folder "applications" is visible.
    I sait again everything worked before update to 13.

Attached Files:

6. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @RonaldF1 , please isolate Windows & Mac and then reinstall Parallels Tools and then un check "isolate Windows & Mac" and check.

7. RonaldF1

RonaldF1 Junior Member

Hi Arun, sorry, I isolated, uninstalled the Tools, re-installed them, and uncheck isolate but no change.
    I still do not see some folders of the iCloud drive. I repeat it worked correctly before last Parallel update !
    I attach 2 screen shots. One from finder (Mac side) one from explorer (Windows side) Capture d’écran 2017-11-12 à 09.49.40.png Capture d’écran 2017-11-12 à 09.51.21.png

8. Arun@Parallels

9. RonaldF1

RonaldF1 Junior Member

problem report send....

10. Arun@Parallels

Hi @RonaldF1 , please reply here with the problem report ID, so that we will check and assist you.

11. RonaldF1

RonaldF1 Junior Member

Here is the ID of the problem report 225959893

12. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @RonaldF1, Please shut down the virtual machine and follow the steps suggested below:
    1. Go to the Apple menu > System Preferences > iCloud > (enable iCloud Drive) > Options... > check Desktop & Documents Folders option > click Done.
    2. Go the virtual machine configuration -> Options -> Sharing -> Share Mac -> Share folders -> Custom Folders -> click "+" sign to add iCloud drive from Mac.

13. RonaldF1

RonaldF1 Junior Member

Hi Paul,
    I did all what you suggest but the result is still the same.
    Remember (see post above with screen capture) my iCloud drive is working perfectly in the Mac space. I see all the folders including the Mac created folders like "keynote" etc...

If I go to the windows side and open the file explorer, I see only some folders of the iCloud drive and the Mac created folders are missing.

I tried to remove the check on "share iCloud-google drive-dropbox" and add manually the iCloud drive in the liste of shared drives. Result is exactly the same !

Again: IT WORKED PERFECTLY before the last update of Parallels !!!

So Sorry to have no better news !

14. StefanK14

StefanK14 Bit poster

Hi,
    I have the same issue with some iCloud drive folders missing in Windows environment. Exactly as RonaldF1 described in this thread. I followed all instructions but still no positive results. This is really annoying. Its there a solution yet?

15. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Try enabling Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows Folder options then check.

16. StefanK14

StefanK14 Bit poster

Hi Ajith,
    thanks for your fas reply. I tried your suggestion but no positive result neither. Look at the screenshorts
    Regards
    Stefan

Attached Files:

17. PaulW9

PaulW9 Bit poster

Same here I'm afraid. iPhotos seems okay, but just nothing showing for iCloud. I tried all the checks mentioned earlier, isolating/unisolating, reinstalling the tools etc and adding the customer folder - but nothing shows up at all for me. Not a bean. This is really annoying. I know it used to work but something stopped with either a Parallels update, a Windows update or a macOS update - I don't know which though. There isn't anything obvious in any of the logs on either side that seems to offer any clues either. iCloud is fine on the Mac, but not on the Windows VM. :(

18. PaulW9

PaulW9 Bit poster

Update. I noticed I had a Y: drive mapped under the Windows VM to the iCloud Drive - see below. At fist it looks empty, but contains hidden files - upload_2018-5-11_15-7-13.png

It doesn't match the folders in the Mac version of the iCloud Drive though. And if I type the contents of the Documents.lnk file shows above, it looks like this:
    upload_2018-5-11_15-9-33.png

The folder on the Mac looks like this though:
    upload_2018-5-11_15-12-49.png

So the cloud drive sharing isn't working still.
    Thanks, Paul

Attached Files:

19. ROBERTB24

ROBERTB24 Bit poster

I have the same issue, however I found sort of a work around if you have the seamless settings configured:

Location in Windows VM:
    The path is \\Mac\Home\Library\Mobile Documents
    The folder names are a bit cryptic but have some abbreviated form of the app that created it...i.e like "COM~apple-notes" or "iCloud-com-Applejacks".

Tested:
    I opened, modified and saved files in Windows and they sync'd live across platforms (a markdown editor open on iOS, Mac and Windows at the same time (had to refresh doc on iOS to see change - Mac and Win apps showed the change immediately without even closing the doc).

Manually browsing:

1) Browse to desired icloud folder in OSX Finder,.."right click" (haha) and select "Reveal in Windows" (last option in list - Parallels added option).

2) Windows VM - an Explorer window opens and shows the path contents which you can then shortcut or quick access to.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  20. PaulW9

PaulW9 Bit poster

That seems to work for me too, @ROBERTB24 - thanks for the tip. It's not an ideal longer-term solution though. The "Share cloud folders with Windows" feature seems to be broken with some recent updates wither in Windows or MacOS. There was a recent update to Parallels that I thought may have addressed this (version 13.3.1 (43365)), but alas it did not.