weird parallels error message never ever seen before

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by CarolaH, Sep 22, 2017.

1. CarolaH

CarolaH Bit poster

hello,

first of all: I'm running parallels desktop for mac 11.2.3 (32663) on mac os x el capitan with latest updates. it's a "plain" parallels: no "home", no "pro", no "business", just parallels desktop for mac 11.

any maybe I was just too fast starting using my windows7 right after booting and logging in, but I'd like to ask anyways as that parallels error message never ever had appeard before.

on my windows7 I have installed an accounting software which includes a database server also running on that windows7 installation. that database server autostarts right after booting windows7 independently from the actual accounting application.

today after booting/logging into my windows7 I launched the actual accounting application right away which resulted in an error message from the accounting app that it couldn't find the database - probably because the database server was not properly up and running, yet. so I closed the app, launched it again right after, and now it found the database, but I got a parallels error message stating

PRL_ERR_VM_DEV_DISCONNECT_FAILED

screenshot_error_message.png

after that I decided to and did shut down windows7, quit parallels, rebooted mac os x, launched parallels again as well as windows7, did not hurry that much with launching that accounting app, and no more error messages occurred - neither from the acocunting app nor from mac os x/parallels.

but nonetheless I'd like to know what that parallels error message PRL_ERR_VM_DEV_DISCONNECT_FAILED means...

does anybody know?

thanks a lot :)

caro

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @CarolaH , is this happening only with that particular application or all the applications on your Windows virtual machine?

3. CarolaH

CarolaH Bit poster

hi arun,
    actually I can't say as it only happened once for now with that accounting software/database server situation... but what does that error message mean in general?
    caro

4. CarolaH

CarolaH Bit poster

hm, no guess at all?

5. TyreneJ1

TyreneJ1 Bit poster

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @CarolaH, you may download and install the latest build of Parallels Desktop 13 trial to check if the issue persists. If it occurs, can you please send us a problem report collected right after the error and a splash screen (Help menu > Send Technical Data...)? This will help us significantly, please reply me back with the report ID number.