£ and € keys are not working

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by AjayR, Nov 23, 2017.

1. AjayR

AjayR Junior Member

I am using Parallels for Mc Pro Edition on Macbook pro retina 13'' late 2013 model
    Using United Kingdon (Apple) - Parallels keyboard layout at the moment. But can't get "£" and "€" keys to work on win 10 VM. Please let me know how to get those keys working.

2. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello AjayR, please press AltGr+3 to get "£" and press and hold down Alt key and then type 0128 and release the Alt key to get "€" and check if this works. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2017
  3. AjayR

AjayR Junior Member

Hi,
    Both of these suggestions do not work for me.
    Tried Alt+3 and dont know what sort of shortcut Alt + 0128 is. Please suggest any other solution, this is pretty basic requirement for anyone using mac with UK keyboard Layout.

4. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

We released a new update Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac Update 2 (13.2.0-43213) and this update addresses this issue. To check for updates, click on the Parallels Desktop menu on Mac menu bar and select Check for Updates: http://kb.parallels.com/124262 Thanks!

5. AjayR

AjayR Junior Member

I have already installed this update when it came out
    Version 13.2.0 (43213)

If this update resolves the issue, then please tell me how to get £ and € keys working

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @AjayR,in Windows virtual machine, go to Control Panel > Region and Language > Keyboards and Languages. Click on Change Keyboards > switch to the Advanced Key Settings tab. Normally, there should be the setting like "Between input languages - Left Alt+Shift".
    In case you do not have such setting click on Change Key Sequence button and set it up.

7. AjayR

AjayR Junior Member

Thanks for coming back to me, I can see this setting is already there
    However, I can see it is working now in the following way
    Right Alt - €
    Left Shift - £
    Thanks

8. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Glad to know that you were able to sort out the issue. Please get back to us for any further queries. Thanks!