Unable to install Parallels Toolbox in Windows after update

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Windows' started by GerryB1, Dec 16, 2017.

1. GerryB1

GerryB1 Bit poster

I am running Parallels 13 Desktop and had Parallels Tools installed both on my MAC and Windows 10 virtual machine. After a recent update of Parallels Toolbox, my Windows VM would no longer connect to the Internet. One of the items I read in the forum was to "uninstall" Parallels Toolbox from Windows. That did, in fact, correct the problem. However, I would like to re-install it as there were parts of that Toolbox I used. There is a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in the title bar of my Windows VM to re-install it. When I click on that the Parallels Toolbox image doesn't appear and it's saying to click on the setup.exe. It's been a year since I installed Parallels 12. I have upgraded to Parallels 13, re-installed that but I have no idea where this setup.exe file is. Can anyone help? Thank you...Gerry B.

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi GerryB1. First off, Parallels Tools and Parallels Toolbox are two different things. From your description of the issue, we can tell that this is about Parallels Tools. Let's first try and ensure that they're installed properly. Please follow these steps to install Parallels Tools.

LarryB3 likes this.
  3. GerryB1

GerryB1 Bit poster

Hemnath, thank you for clarifying the names. I assumed Parallels Tools was shorthand for Parallels Toolbox, Regarding those instructions, whether I click on Actions==>Install Parallel Tools or click on the yellow triangle with the exclamation point, the following message appears: "
    Click Continue to connect the Parallels Tools installation image to this virtual machine and start the installation." When I click Continue, the box simply closes. No other prompt or image appears. I have downloaded Parallels Desktop 13.2 from My Account on the Parallels site and reinstalled but, for some reason, Parallel Tools seems to be missing. If you have any suggestions I'd appreciate it. Thanks. Gerry B.

4. Hemnath@Parallels

In Windows, press CMD+E, click on 'This PC' in the left panel of the Windows Explorer window that appears and look for the CD/DVD drive in the main panel. Do we have the disk image for Parallels Tools mounted on it?

GerryB1 likes this.
  5. GerryB1

GerryB1 Bit poster

Hemnath, yes, that fixed it. It was there so I re-installed Parallels Tools, restarted the Windows VM and it works now. Thank you for all your help! Gerry B.

6. Hemnath@Parallels

You are welcome! Nice to know that it's sorted out. Please post again for any additional queries.

GerryB1 likes this.