I can't install screenshot tool in safari

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by KatsuhitoU, Mar 9, 2018.

1. KatsuhitoU

KatsuhitoU Bit poster

safari version is latest.
    don't add Extension area.
    why?

2. petergg

petergg Bit poster

Same problem. Parallels Toolbox 2.5.1 will not install Safari extension to capture a long web page. It did correctly install the extension to download a video from a web page. Thanks pgg

3. KirillBagrinovskiiy

KirillBagrinovskiiy Parallels Developers

4. KatsuhitoU

KatsuhitoU Bit poster

Thank you for your reply.

I tried it but I could not install the downloaded one.
    I could install it without any problem as long as it is from the Safari's extension page.
    Thank you.

5. KirillBagrinovskiiy

As
    Am I understand you correctly% if you try to install Turn off the light extension you get a dialog with options:
    - Install from Developer
    - Install from Gallery

"Install from Developer" doesn't work and "Install from Gallery" works, is it true?

6. KatsuhitoU

KatsuhitoU Bit poster

>"Install from Developer" doesn't work and "Install from Gallery" works, is it true?

That's right.

7. KirillBagrinovskiiy

Please give us some time to investigate problem

8. DmitryL1

DmitryL1 Bit poster

Please restart your Mac into the Safe mode and attempt installing the extension by running the respective Parallels Tools App and getting the notification to install the safari extension) as per https://kb.parallels.com/en/124418 .

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2018
  9. Robv3

Robv3 Bit poster

Safari no longer supports unsafe extensions. The extension is still working (making a pdf or png) but I always get this annoying popup!
    After deinstalling the Safari extension I am not able to install it again because of this issue. No one else is complaining??
    Safari 11.1.2 / macOS 10.13.6

10. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,
    Apple changed it's security politics for Safari extensions, so Screenshot Page tool is not working on macOS 10.14 and latest versions of Safari.
    We're working on this problem.

11. Robv3

Robv3 Bit poster

Okay, I noticed that the warning is from my Safari Technology Preview (which is not active at that moment!) so that explains it. After removing STP it is working again.
    But indeed, in 10.14 you can't install this extension. Glad you're aware of this issue. Thnx!

12. StephenC9

StephenC9 Junior Member

The Screenshot Page extension installs fine in Safari 11.1.2 and seems to work - but where does it put the capture file? I've done a couple of tests (set to save as pdf); I'd expected to see a file appear on my Desktop (or even in the Downloads folder) but nothing appears. I've hunted through various other user folders and found nothing that looks remotely like it's come from the tool.

13. StephenC9

StephenC9 Junior Member

Just tried again and found that the tool itself has to be open. If not, the capture tool icon is available in the Safari toolbar, and it goes through the capture routine, but doesn't actually save the file. I don't keep the toolbox open as I don't need the tools very often. Not really complete as a Safari extension!

14. sergk

Hello,
    regarding
    To find out output location for "Screenshot Page" tool: open Toolbox window --> press on cogwheel (right top corner) --> Preferences --> "Location" tab. Look at 'Screenshots' option - it defines where capturing tools (Capture Area, Captures Screen, Captures Window and Screenshot Page) store output files.

15. sergk

Looks like a bug, we'll check it out. Thanks!

16. StephenC9

StephenC9 Junior Member

I've found that and all, except downloads, are set to go to my Desktop. As I said above, I've found that the Safari extension doesn't actually save a file unless the toolbox itself is running. To me, a Safari extension should work alone and not need another app to be running as well
    Will look out for an update, then. Thanks.

17. Hi guys, plug-in for Safari has been fixed in the newest update, please download it from this link