black screen at Windows 10 startup

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JoongL, Aug 24, 2015.

1. RalleSPS

RalleSPS Bit poster

MacbookPro Mid2010
    i7, 2 processors, 8GB
    Parallels 13, newest
    Win10 1703 runs well, but after update to 1709, i see the login, and after login the black screen. Nothing from internet search for "Win10 and black screen" helps.
    Now iIset Parallels to 3 GB RAM, 1 GB VideoRam, 1 processor, but I only see the black screen.
    Have you any other answers for me?

2. AdrianM3

AdrianM3 Bit poster

I don't know if someone is investigating this, myself and KentS2 did not get any answer after our Problem Report, or if they are, nobody is in a hurry to solve this. For me, trial is over so goodbye Parallels, I have reported this on 30th of January, enough time to investigate...

3. RalleSPS

RalleSPS Bit poster

Yes, i see also there ist now good solution for me and for the moment. I know, it's difficult.
    At second I will have a look to VMWare fusion, but then I must react my windows and my office and thats a problem to do more then 3 times.
    I use parallels since more then 8 years and I hope, they will do there job well.

4. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Sorry for the delay. Please be informed that we have collated the information you've provided so far and are currently investigating this case.
    Hello RalleSPS. Please take a snapshot, boot Windows into Safe Mode and check if Windows boots up successfully.
    Hello KentS2. Are you able to boot Windows into Safe Mode?

5. RalleSPS

RalleSPS Bit poster

@Hemnath@Parallels
    Thanks for your posting.
    SafeMode don't work, Windows hangs and show only a part from the screen. May be the problem is, that my Windows 10 ist an Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 8 to Win 8.1 to Win 10 and there are to much old files (drivers). Ok, there was not so much software and after deinstallation of all the update don't work again.

I installed the complete windows 10 new, without users and applications. That was ok and so I have to reinstall all my software.

6. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Nice to know that it's sorted out now. And just FYI, this issue has been reported to the engineering team.
    A support ticket has been created for you. An engineer will try and contact you to discuss this issue.

7. StevenD4

StevenD4 Bit poster

I am having this same Win 10 black screen problem and have tried your solution and the others on this thread with no success. Any other solutions?